E3 2006: Pets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, May 10, 2006.

1. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Exactly how I feel. I only found out today that the next EP was pets and I want to dance I'm so happy. :D
    I've been dreaming of having pets in my sim households. I don't care if the pets take up a place in the family like the sims do. I don't care if strays wander in and crap on my sims lawns...I'm definately going to give pets to most of my sims and for sure going to have at least one 'mad cat woman' and a 'crazy dog lady'. LOL I hope they have pet shows in this one, I'd love to have kennel of show champions. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

See...told you I was excited! ROFLMAO! :p

Cass.

2. Shortn19

Shortn19 New Member

Pets Gone Wild

I agree that they could make things a lot more interesting in comparison with "unleashed" especially regarding strays/nonpets: dogs randomly chasing mailmen, perhaps adding ducks and snakes in the water (or one in your sims boot), wild turkeys in the park, squirrels who randomly steal newspapers, birds who land on your sims head in the middle of a hotdate:D. And for a messy sim (and a good laugh), the occasional bear or coyote raiding their garbage can, I'd love to see a sim wrestle a dirty plate away from a bear so he gets to lick it clean first;)...I can dream.:p

3. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

My wife will be pleased to hear about this as Unleashed was her favorite TS1 EP. I, however, am not keen on the idea. The thing I remember most about the pets is that they were fuzzy little que-breakers. I tend to give long instruction que's to my sims so as to better micro-manage the entire household. Sim1 gets ordered to "Wake up-do dishes-serve pancakes" while Sim2 is instructed to "Wake up-go potty-take shower-eat food", etc. Nobody fights for the bathroom and everybody meets at the breakfast table in time to top of their hunger and social bars before work/school. Cool, right? That is until you look up to notice that the cat was sleeping in front of the fridge and the dog was drinking out of the toilet while your sims are standing in place waving their arms while big-red-X-thought-bubbles float over their heads and they miss the carpool and school bus. ;)

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

If and when pets does officially get released, I might need to modify the forums a bit to play the song "Who let the dogs out" :p

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

All I can say is, I'm going to be really cautious about giving any vampires a pet ... at least until I know how they work. I'd hate for someone to get dusted because Fido needed to go out!

6. kate266

kate266 New Member

hahaha I want a Crazy Cat lady like in the simpsons, where she has 20 cats and throws them at kids. Mwhahahaha

But yeah I'll definately be getting it regardless of the pooping on lawns and piles of dead mice for sure.

7. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I'm looking forward to this new EP. It looks real cool - also, I imagine that it can teach kids how much hard work a pet is. Loads of kids moan for a dog or a cat or a bat :)p) and this could show them the responsibilty a pet is. Oooh, I wonder if we get horses? That would be so cool! With stables and mucking out and riding and jumps...

I can't wait until I get my new computer. I need money.

You think Bill Gates would donate a computer? I've heard he's a very charitable man. (Apparently he has a computer chip on visitors etc that holds information like temperature preferred in rooms, music taste and so on... and when someone walks into a room, it changes to their preferences. Sounds a bit far-fetched though to me. Say somebody loves classical tunage and somebody else walks in that loves thrash metal...) Sorry. Offtopic again.

8. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I think pets are great and all BUT not with the same set up as in TS1. It would be cool if the set up another bar, just like the family icons on the left side of the screen, just for the pets. that way they wont take up the family places.

9. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

LOL, Babe. Get in line.

And, aren't you the offtopic queen?

Horses would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd rather have bicycles, actually.

Wonder if the Pets EP will also include some new interactions for sims. That would be cool. Bluesoup has a list of suggested improvements to the game that I think are really great ... check it out and add your two cents.

Hopefully, Maxis is listening.

10. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You are making me feel very happy that I always have the sound off on my computer, MJ! That's a groaner of an idea. ;)

11. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

What's even more shocking about the song is that it was actually used in a film. True, it was Rugrats in Paris or something like that, but come on!

Yes, I am the Offtopic Queen. I would now like to be called Queen Babe of Offtopic, or Queen Babe Offtopic of Worldsims. I prefer the first one though.

As Queen Babe or Offtopic, I order Bill Gates to give me a new, state-of-the-art computer that can run TS2 including all ep's 50 times over.

C'mon Billy, be a dude!!!