Spore Spore Release Date Development

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, May 10, 2006.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL The clueless are generally let down by their own bad advertising. I mean! Fizzbang? More like Fizzoff, from what we have seen. :rolleyes:

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

To be fair to Josh, the original post that he replied to read differently. Mirelly had edited it instead of posting, but made no comment that she had edited it. The post that Josh replied to looked like this:

When really all he posted was the first question. That's why Josh replied the way he did. Mirelly later came back and seperated her part of that post, as you can look back and see that she even said:

So in short, the first poster looked like he was attacking Josh in some sort of a way, which is why the response came out the way it did. There is no corruption on this board, it all came out from a minor mistake and misunderstanding.

Our Manager is great, not terrible, he tries his hardest to make sure this is one of the most family friendly and peaceful boards for the Sims2 and some of the other games for Maxis. The comment you saw from him is probably the most snappy thing I've ever seen him say, if not the ONLY time I've ever seen it. Josh knows we'll stand behind him because he is such a great guy.

3. Fizzbang

Fizzbang New Member

Y'know, I decided to come back to look for information on Sims 2, and decided to pop in to see what else was said, having not planned before.

I'm still confused, and don't quite understand it all, but i'm sure the mistake was unintentional.

Looking back at it, I was more than a little rude in what I was saying, but it doesn't change what i've heard coming out of Will's mouth, which could have been pre-intended information, and what my first impression was with Josh due to a minor mishap, which I wouldn't blame Mirelly for anyway.

So i'd like to apologize to you, Josh, for assuming things. Misunderstandings all around. I'm sure you'd understand what it was like when the first impression was a misunderstanding, and the internet has this way of distorting things regardless.

Either way, if you'd accept the apology or not, i'll keep my posts to a minimum untill I can see what everyone is like and not have to assume based on mere.. first impressions and such

Edit: Ah, I finally get it. Mirelly's post went into his own, making it look like he was being offensive towards Josh. Mirelly was actually posting in response to the dragon guy.

and

It's partly your fault that I misunderstood the whole situation. Actually, it was moreso the entire situation that was screwed up because of the real lack of communication or... explaination of the events.

Not to call me stupid, but you need to dumb things down on forums and make sure that newcomers, when they join, aren't left in confusion or making assumptions such as they were. (Not trying to personally attack you or anything, but... Well, from what I know at what jupitershana said, and thanks for clearing things up by the way, it was an accident from you that was misunderstood.) And yes, I know it was an accident. Just... Don't go insulting me about a mistake I made based on your own mistake. How would I not be clueless if you distort the clues, eh?

Again, i'm not trying to be hostile, if it may come off as such... e_e I'm tired, so my brain doesn't decide to spend as much time thinking of better words to use as opposed to the general, crude terms for everything. Probably doesn't make sense but.. ah, well.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Believe me, Fizzbang I was quite ashamed of myself for that last comment ... I had actually forgotten that mine was the original error that caused the worst of the misunderstanding. However I left my foot-in-mouth comments there to teach myself a lesson and to allow someone else to spot ... thanks to Shana, for that :)

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Well I'm glad things wrapped up nicely, I think we can say no hard feelings. Sorry if you felt like you were ever being attacked as well Fizzbang. If anything can be said about WorldSims is that it's on the most part, I'd say 99% of the time, a very friendly open forum. Maybe we were all a little grouchy that day as well. All in all, I hope you will still feel welcome to the forum and hope we didn't scare you off into thinking we're a bunch of ole' meanies!:eek:

6. Dragzonox

Dragzonox New Member

I'm on Fizzbang's side... I don't like the way the response from ManagerJosh to my post was, it's like he did talk down to me in disrespect..

And for a first post, don't expect to see me too much around here.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Be patient and devoted to your project (TG-Gaming), Dagzonox and one day you'll be a position to wonder why some folks just turn up at your website with an agenda to cause trouble and to find offence where non was intended and to seek out reasons to be pissed where none are provided.

Accordingly your desire not to be seen much around here is granted for a while to allow you to reconsider your position.

8. Fizzbang

Fizzbang New Member

I don't really have a side. If you'd go back and read through the forum, Mirelly made a simple mistake that any moderator could make, and Josh replied before she corrected it. So it seemed like he was attacking you.

I first thought he was, and thought it was pretty harsh that he said something like that, but now that I can insert what was said the right ways.. It clears everything up.

And no, I won't get scared away. I actually like the place because, usually, when I want to play games, I like to find other people interested so that... even if it is single player, it can feel multi player by sharing experiences and results with other people.