Troubleshooting Nightlife.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ginger1888, May 27, 2006.

1. Ginger1888

Ginger1888 New Member

Nightlife.

Sigh. I really need to clean out my desk. I lost the brochure, that had the serial number in it for Nightlife. Somebody mentioned that you can find it somewhere in your computer. Anybody know how to do that?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Start >> Run

Type regedit and hit the OK button

WARNING - you are now inside the Windows Registry. Screw this up and you run the risk of losing everthing. So be careful to just look and not to change anything thru carelss clicking. World Sims takes no responsibility for any damage or losses caused by following these instructions.

Open the following sequence of registry folders by double clicking them

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (it's the 3rd one down)
    SOFTWARE
    Electronic Arts
    EA GAMES
    The Sims 2 University
    ergc

Note that
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES will not lead to the registration code!

When you open ergc you will see the registration serial number that was used when the game was installed in the data column of the right-hand panel of the Registry Editor.

Write it down and save it somewhere safe and don't lose it again, bozo! :p

Close the Registry Editor with the window closure X button at the top right of the window rather that with the file menu - that should prevent you accidentally saving any accidental changes

3. Ginger1888

Ginger1888 New Member

I found it, but I need the serial code for Nightlife, not University. Is there any way I can find the code for Nightlife, even if it isn't installed?

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

No. Sorry if this sounds cruel ... but that'll teach ya to uninstall games :p

If you lost the code for NL but still have the discs then consult support.ea.com for their advice concerning warranty and replacement. Might just be quicker and not much more expensive to buy a new one and mark well the lesson learned.

Please don't fall into the trap of seeking out an illegal code. We won't supply codes and will report anyone who tries to obtain them.

The game disc and the unique code that comes with it comprise the whole software package.

Either one without the other is valueless.

You MUST look after both.

5. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

Well I have the game, i could let you use my code.But the Mods might not let me so I shouldn't

6. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

WHOAH!!! Of course the mods won't let you do that, here or anywhere else. That's illegal, and it's called piracy! NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER offer that to anyone.

7. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, please don't. We'd have to kick you off the site.

The rules are pretty specific about that.

8. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

I just checked EA's support site, and this is what they said:

Lost or Missing Serial Replacement:
    If you meet one of the following criteria, you can send a request along with a nominal fee to Electronic Arts for a replacement serial number.

* The product is 90 days past the purchase date
    * The original serial number has been discarded or lost

When sending a request for a replacement serial number, please include the following:

A money order for $10.00 USD (per serial number requested) made payable to Electronic Arts.
    The proof of purchase page from your manual (If you no longer have the manual, include one of the game disks as verification of ownership.
    o
    Note: If sending a disk as verification, please send it using a traceable method as Electronic Arts is not responsible for products not in its possession.
    Explanation of the situation
    First and Last Name
    Return Address
    E-mail Address
    Phone Number

Mailing Address:
    Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
    209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
    Redwood City, CA 94065

In the long run, it may be cheaper to buy a new EP.....