Small improvement I'd like to see

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jun 4, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Small improvement I'd like to see

This is just a minor thing that's been bugging me: I don't know why the game stops family relationships at 3 generations. I would like to see at least 4, and 5 would be great.

Right now I've got four living generations in my game and I'd really like it if Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa had a family relationship with the great-grandkids. They keep getting wants for more grandkids, and their kids are all approaching elder (or are vampires, LOL). In any case, the likelihood of more grandbabies is small. Great-grandbabies, now, that's a different story.

But the game doesn't show their great-grandchildren as family members. :(

So, anyway, just a small enhancement I'd like to see.

2. caduto

caduto New Member

i think if this was the case then everyone in my neighbourhood would be related... that would not be good...?

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

How do you mean? I've been so wrapped up with Errol and friends that I haven't played with later generations since Dear Emmy. But in that family, if I looked at the family tree of Emmeline I could trace it back to the founding Duke Sparrow, her great grandfather.

Do you mean wants? Is 'family kiss' not available for Great Grandma?

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

No, I mean in the relationships panel. Great-grandparents simply don't show up as family. They're in the family tree if you go back far enough, but they don't get the little blue "family" icon. Castor and Zaire, for example, don't show up as family in Fisher's (their great-grandson's) relationship panel, but Alice and Chuck (Fisher's paternal grandparents) do.

Great-grandparents don't get "credit" for great-grandbabies being born and have no desires around them. However, I have noticed that if they kiss or something it is "family" related.

To answer your question Caduto, with this request the only relationship that would be added is that of the great-grandparents to their direct descendants. Cousins more than once removed would still be able to date.

As far as I can tell anyway.

5. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Yea I think that would be a good thing to have. They are still family after all.