Confused about Bella...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by megrhen224, Jun 9, 2006.

1. megrhen224

megrhen224 New Member

Confused about Bella...

:confused: Does anyone know if Bella comes back... I'm confused...???:confused:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

not in pleasantville or whatever it's called. You can find her in strangetown, and no, she can't go home again.

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, actually I think you're supposed to move the Goth family to Strangetown by putting their house (with them still in it) in the Houses and Lots bin, and then you switch over to Strangetown and plunk them down there. Bella can be found wandering around as a townie in Strangetown, so you get Mortimer to meet her somehow, let them fall in love again, and move them back to Pleasantview using the same method. Or you can leave them in Strangetown, it doesn't really matter.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Doesn't moving people from neighborhood to neighborhood turn them into gibbering idiots? I read somewhere that that's a no-no.

5. sailorchiiavalon

sailorchiiavalon Addicted to Sims 2!

If you miss Bella so much, maybe you could buy her painting or see her on the TV playing piano. I saw her last night on it and I was like oh my gosh, she's dead xD

6. person123

It is bad for your game, but that's the only way to get Bella. I was a little frustrated at Maxis for this. If they knew it'd turn the game into a GFBVFS (I'm not sure that's the correct wording. Is it Giant Fireball Visible From Space?), they should've fixed it so that people who wanted to play with Bella could do so without ruining the game.

7. megrhen224

megrhen224 New Member

Thanx!

Well thanx for the info.

8. Willow_Tara

Willow_Tara New Member

Whoa, everyone freeze!

What are you on about? I moved sims from Neighbourhoods a dozen times and they all arlight, only lost relationships with someone who mdoesn't live with them, The Smiths and The Spectors family from Strangetwon moved to Pleasantville with no problem, so what are you tlking about?

And Bella still exists in Pleasantville, just hard to get her, the only way I got her was using The Insim, The summoner to summon her butt and the family tree to add her..

9. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

The problem is that every time you move a family from one neighborhood to another, the game creates duplicate character files for every Sim they ever met (not actual characters, just the files so their memories will be intact). This contributes to neighborhood overpopulation (the game will go 'splodie once your number of character files in any given neighborhood - that's all Sims who have ever lived or been in any other Sim's memories, not just currently living Sims - goes over a certain number). I've done it a couple of times too and haven't had any problems, but that's because I don't play nearly as much as some people do, and don't have nearly as many Sims... yet.

Assuming you never stop playing, everyone will eventually reach that point where your neighborhood has too many character files, whether you move families between neighborhoods or not. But doing so does speed the process along.

10. person123

Well, yes, I suppose you could probably get Bella from files in the game in Pleasantview, but Maxis meant for you to meet her as a townie in Strangetown...hence the name Strangetown.