How Do I How do I insert downloaded objects into Sims Nightlife

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by dark_raider101, Jun 10, 2006.

1. dark_raider101

dark_raider101 New Member

How do I insert downloaded objects into Sims Nightlife

I have the game Sims 2 Nightlife and have been trying to put in downloaded objects into the game. I have been having problems though and hoping someone here would be able to help me. I need directions for inserting downloaded objects into Sims 2 Nightlife. plz SOMEONE HEEEELLLLPPP!.

I have gone to so many websites and half the forums wont help at all. Hopefully u will.:)

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Just use Simfile Maid 2.

Drag the zipped or rar files onto the lawn.

Done.

3. dark_raider101

I mean after I download the objects for the Sims 2 Nightlife I dont know where to put them so they come out in the game when I open it

4. surprised_by_witches

You'll get a box asking if you want to enable content. Say yes. After that you'll find it in the (more or less) appropriate place in the catalog, depending on what it is.

Clothing appears when you buy clothing, hair and makeup when you change appearance, and objects when you buy things for your home.

5. surprised_by_witches

I should add, they will be in the downloads folder. But if you have SimFileMaide you don't have to put them there. She does that automatically.

6. dark_raider101

Ughhh sorry I may just be really slow. I still really dont get it. I am wondering wat file u put it in. Could someone give me a step by step of the name of the folders and where to put everything. plzzz. Sorry if I am being kind of annoying

7. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

If you have XP, put them in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\(username The Sims 2 is installed on)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Hope that helps!

8. dark_raider101

Do u put the Sims 2 Nightlife files in the same one as the Sims 2 files?

9. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I think so, because that's where mine go, and I have everything through Open For Business.

10. dark_raider101

ok. Thanx to everyone that helped me or tried to help me. Thanx a lot!:knockedout: :D

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

the file that you should put all downloads in when you download them should be: C:\Documents and Settings\valued customer\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

hit start button
    open my computor
    open, local disk C
    open Documents and Settings
    open valued customer
    open my documents
    create a EA Games file if there isn't one
    create a TheSim2 file if you haven't already
    create a new file called Downloads
    all downloads go there

once you have this pathway created you probably can just access the documents file from your desktop which is a little quicker.

once the downloads are placed in that file, you must open them and install them (as in the case of floors and walls). The file maid Simfile Maid 2 mentioned by SBW is one of the easiest to use, as it handles both .rar and .zip files.

Once the files are opened in the downloads file they should appear in the game no matter which neighborhood you are playing unless you have not installed a mesh required by the object or outfit. Make sure you have downloaded it at the same time you downloaded the object as it is most difficult to retrace your steps. Most simmers tell you if you need a special mesh or not. Also if it is recolors you are adding to the game, the simmer probably used a program called CEP which you must have the most recent version of, though not necessarily in the Downloads file itself. That tool is found: http://cep.modthesims2.com

I hope this answers a few of your questions.