Salvage

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Salvage

For the first time ever, in many generations, I had the option to "salvage" when I went to take out the trash. My Sim looked through the trash for a long time (getting very dirty) but never seemed to find anything. ?? Any idea what we're looking for?

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Food. It's only available to sloppy Sims... they eat out of the garbage. If you had watched closer you would have seen the hunger bar going up, unless of course he was already full.

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I had one who used to salvage as well. She would find objects of some sort, get somewhat excited, put them in her pocket and then it would turn into money.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Huh. I want that. I'm going to have to click on my garbage cans!!

I do have sims who can "lick plate clean," so I'd assume they would be the same sims who can salvage ... :D

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'd think so, probably the lazier and sloppier they are they could probably do it! LOL, I noticed it at first by accident. She was digging through the garbage can and I was appalled, my mouth literally dropped open! hehe, then I made her do it again! LOL.

6. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

0_0

Ewwww!

7. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I love "Salvage" I have a 'crazy' sim (AKA I make her do things crazy.... she doesn't do them on her own, but I;ve been told eventually she will) that I make do that all the time...

she mostly gets money though, not food.

8. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Like SBW's Luna, right?

9. Kimblee

I don't know her Luna.... but maybe... lol

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

11. Panda0_o

Panda0_o New Member

I'm pretty sure my sim cant salvage. : )

12. the_bass

the_bass New Member

I had a child do it and he actually climbed right inside the bin, it amused me.

13. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

My salvaging sim is Don Lothario! I don't think he's particularly sloppy - a little bit, but not as much as many of my other characters. He's never had this behavior in any other house and this seemed to appear after the baby was born (see Don Lothario thread). I think it might be some post-natal depression.

14. Kimblee

I wanna know a surefire way to make a salvaging sim... lol

15. surprised_by_witches

Give them no neatness points. ;)

If you can live with that. I've got a sim with no neatness points who drives me crazy. She can't take a shower without messing up the bathroom.

16. Kimblee

I ought to make one like that to live with Blake Hoffman, he needs cleaning points...

lol

17. surprised_by_witches

Do you have NL? Just invite pajama girl to move in.

Though, actually I think we've been advised against that, as she's an archetype.

However, you can make her pretty easily. 0 neatness, 0 active, high points in outgoing and playful, pleasure sim, slacker career (what a surprise). Pretty but gross. :p