Twin sims that ARE NOT twins

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simgurl84, Jun 14, 2006.

1. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Twin sims that ARE NOT twins

One reason why I do not get excited about twins anymore is that my twins are never identical:mad: . If you really want twins your best bet is to create identical toddlers in CAS. It makes me so angry because the parents look different (obviously) and then when they have twin girls or twin boys, one will look much like one parent and the other will look much like the other parent. It's especially distressing when I think one twin is cuter that the other. Anyone else go through this:confused: ?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Twins don't have to be identical to still be twins and it always make me chuckle when I hear someone say that so-and-so's twins are "identical" when I know that one is a boy and the other is a girl. Identical twins in real life occur when the embryo divides. As a one-time dentist I was always fascinated by identical twins who were frequently mirror images of each other. If one had the left front tooth first the other's right was the first to appear. I even had one set whose cavities mirrored each other ... their charts were exact mirror images!

3. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Wow Mirelly, that's really weird lol, the cavities I mean. As a teacher some years ago, I had one set of identical twins in my class and they would communicate with each other without actually speaking. They were locked in stares most of the time and nodded here and there to acknowledge to the other that they knew what they were 'saying', even to the point of going to get something for the other one, as she 'asked' her for it.

As for twins in the sims, I don't get identical twins, but I do have single babies one after the other who are identical, I mean REALLY identical. I believe that happens because the randomise feature in CAS needs to be reset and so I often has to make another sim using randomise, then delete it.

4. babiigurlbrittx3

babiigurlbrittx3 New Member

I can't get my sims to have twins. Is there somthing that I need to do? I want twins really bad and i've made my sim pregnent a bunch of times but she won't get twins! Also I hardly ever get a boy, she always has girls! It's been driving me crazy!

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Twins are rare, just as in RL. If you have OFB feed your sim cheesecake while she's pregnant and she'll have twins.

Since installing OFB I've had 5 sets of twins, and only one of those was because of cheesecake. Before then, nada. I was worried for a while that that was all I was ever going to have. :eek:

All five sets were girl first, boy second, and therefore none were identical. I've never had same-sex twins, let alone identical. But they're still twins. :rolleyes:

6. nectere

nectere New Member

I usually just go with whatever I get in the case of male female combos, but if its two girls or two boys I make them identical with SIMPE, just copying ones facial data over the others so that they are truly copies of each other - or one is a copy of the other lol. I leave the rest of the gentics alone though. They just look identical, and I also make their signs identical, but leave the actual personality points alone.

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

You know, I always did think it was funny that "twins" would have different astrological signs! Personality I understand, but they are twins after all...not born several months apart.

8. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

The fact that they have different signs does kind of make the game less realistic. I still love the sims though.

9. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I have a lot of twins.

most artifically produced... lol

10. surprised_by_witches

That's because, as I'm sure you've already figured out, signs have more to do with personalities than birthdays. Sims don't have birthdays.

Of my twins, only one set (Isadora and Zane) has the same sign. Everyone else varies.

11. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

hmmm....

I;ve never noticed their signs.

12. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Oh yeah, I knew that, I just always thought it was funny.

13. surprised_by_witches

Haven't you ever created a sim? You need to pick one then. Signs determine personalities. Virgos are neat but shy, Aries are outgoing but not that nice, Pisces are big sweeties ... and so on.

If you have NL you can even use that old pickup line, "Hey baby, what's your sign?" Signs definitely have an effect on the "spark" factor, as do aspirations.

Someone posted a list of attractions/repulsions, sign-wise, on MTS2. It's fairly accurate, though there's one sign (can't remember which) that's both attracted to and repelled by the same sign.

I think it must be a typo, but if it's not it could make for an interesting relationship. :rolleyes: