Whats wrong with the boolProp cheat?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by tayconway8, Jun 15, 2006.

1. tayconway8

tayconway8 New Member

Whats wrong with the boolProp cheat?

i keep hearing all this talk about how the boolprop cheat is bad for your game....is that true? what can it do to hurt your game? im really nervous cause now my game is slower....any relation to the cheat? please relpy!

p.s. i only found out about the cheat a day ago and have been using it alot....should i stop now? is there already damage done?:confused:

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, tayconway8. There's alot of discussion about the boolproptestingcheat. Read post #5 in this thread (the one by Mirelly:( http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=9067

It's generally a good idea to set cheats like this one back to false as soon as you've achieved the desired effect. As for the problems you're having, I think you should be more specific about what the problems are. They may not have anything to do with the cheat at all but just be due to playing large households and community lots. (Just as an example.)

3. tayconway8

tayconway8 New Member

to be more specific with my problems....my games just flat out goes realy slow...it takes like 5 minutes to load a family....and in gameplay it freezes when i try to click on things. Another completely different problem is that all my thumnails and family portraits come up blank... i dont know what to do, im no computer wiz but i think my games is really messed up....

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Have you downloaded the patch or patches from the official game site (EA.com)?

Do you have a lot of downloads perhaps? I have thousands and my game has slowed down considerably because of them.

Sim households grow, adding family members and objects, and this slows the game, too. Also, a lot of the interesting decorations that you can put into neighborhoods, such as water towers and trees and birds, etc., slow the game. If you add a lot of flowers and plants to a household this also makes a lot of demands on the graphics card.

There could be so many reasons, including insufficient RAM or a less than adequate graphics card. That's why the moderators here need more specifics, like the specifications of your computer, for example, in order to help figure out what might be going wrong.

OK, another p.s. Have you read through Mirelly's FAQs: http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=7695

(And I am no computer wiz, either. But the moderators here explain things pretty clearly when they offer suggestions to help.)

5. tayconway8

tayconway8 New Member

i would like to try the patches....but whats the difference between a Sims 2 dvd and a sims 2 cd???

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I think the difference is simply that a DVD holds a lot more information so you have less discs to handle, maybe 2 instead of 4. I got Sims2 on DVD orginally. All Expansion Packs have been on CD. I've downloaded the patches from EA.com without problems, although you might want to "prepare" you sim families first. Mirelly also has suggestions about doing that. For example, bring all family members home from work, send all visitors off the lot, and make sure no sim (that you care about) is about to transition from one age to the next. Stuff like that. OH, and back the game up by copying the game files (to be found under My Documents/EA gages/Sims2, etc. -- I'm sure there's a thread (by Mirelly) around here somewhere about backing up the game.) Here> http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=4633

Anyway, if you have only a couple of game discs it's probably a DVD set. If you have a lot of game discs it's probably a CD set. The box they came in should tell you that, anyway.

7. Panda0_o

Panda0_o New Member

i can only type motherlode.
    but when i try typing some other code, it doesnt work.
    Can someone help me?

wow. u ppl are actually online rite now.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm not on for long--another minute because it's late and I'm tired. But Panda, spelling makes a big difference with the cheats. When you do Ctrl shift C, type help and then hit Enter. You should get a list of some of the cheats (like motherLode and kaching.) Check your spelling there. :)

Nighty night, gang.