Troubleshooting Help Me Please!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by babiigurlbrittx3, Jun 16, 2006.

1. babiigurlbrittx3

babiigurlbrittx3 New Member

Help Me Please!

I purchased The Sims 2 Holiday Edition about a week ago. I am able to play my game as long as I want but when I try to save my computer restarts. Also when I try and take pictures and videos it restarts my computer. I contacted EA Customer Support a bunch of times but nothing they told me worked so I decieded to look for help elsewhere. I asked them for more help today and i'm just waiting for their response. If you know anything that can help me please tell me. You can also email me if you want, ushersbabygurl1o@aim.com

2. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

Actually, the best thing to do is to shut down all background tasks (if you don't already), and save about every 10 minutes or so. This will allow the game to play a little faster and better because it won't have all this information piling up on it.

3. babiigurlbrittx3

It dosn't allow me to save at all. Even 5 minutes into the game when I try to save it restarts my computer. I closed all backround tasks and I am 100 percent sure that it's not because the game is piling up information.

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Please post your specs, if you don't know how...see the following advice:

5. babiigurlbrittx3

1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz
    2: 246MB RAM
    3: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    4. Free Hard Disk Space: 62.7 GB
    5. Total Hard Disk Space: 70.3 GB
    6. DirectX 9.0c
    7. Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
    8. ialmrnt5.dll 6.14.0010.4543 (English) 3/23/2006 12:38:50
    9. Video Memory: 64.0 MB
    10. The Sims 2 Holiday Edition, no expansion packs
    11. The game dosn't allow me to save, take pictures, or take videos. When I try to save or take a picure or video my computer suddenly restarts. After my computer reboots one of those send microsoft your problem things come up. I never send those things but when I accidentally did the error report said that it was caused by an unknown driver. I have updated my video card at the Intel website, completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and lowered the sound acceleration to low.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Assuming that you meant to say that you 256MB RAM (as opposed to 246 :p) you don't have enough. I know you think you do bu the game requires 256 MB of RAM and (at least 32 MB of video memory) Your Intel Graphics is using up 64 MB of the available installed RAM and that is leaving the game with no resources to move around in. You could consider investing in at least 256MB of additional memory or a proper graphics card ... or both.

Windows error messages are notoriously obscure and an "unknown driver" error doesn't necessarily mean what you you think. (It actually means that Windows failed to sort out what it was supposed to do, gave up and sent you a 'helpful' message indicating the last thing it tried before collapsing in a breathless heap.

256 MB of RAM shouldn't cost more than few bucks at the local puter superstore ... tell them I said so :p

7. babiigurlbrittx3

So your saying that if I get more RAM then my game will allow me to save without restarting? Well I'll try that and I hope it does work.:D

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You can never have too much RAM. No-one can promise you that an upgrade will work in any specific circumstance. For that one would need hands on experience with your particular machine. The best we can do on a web forum is to give generic advice based on the information you supply. It ought to help ... a lot but it won't cost you a fortune to try it.

9. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The biggest downside to Raymond's program is that it is outdated severely. It hasn't been updated since August 2004 and several major technology changes have already proven to make that program useless.

It was definitely a great program back in the days, however considering ServoPro hasn't been updated since early 2005, generally items there are inaccurate.

Also a quick warning to those who visit that site, make sure you have some tough security running. They have a serious Malware issue.

Source: amm06.ocx
    Risk category: Adware
    Click for more information about this risk : Adware.Medload

11. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

you can probably find a more reliable compadibility program other than that one, in fact I think EA makes one