How Do I How do you customize...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by megrhen224, Jun 19, 2006.

1. megrhen224

megrhen224 New Member

How do you customize...

If I wanted purple eyes.... would I just go to body shop or would I download them?... :confused: I'm confused.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You could make purple eyes using BodyShop and your favorite graphics program (Microsoft Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, Painter, PaintShopPro or any of the other raster graphics programs, but not vector graphics programs like Illustrator.)

Or you could download them from various websites which have them. I use the purple/violet eyes made by echo. (I just can't remember the website off hand. You could probably do a search on this site to find where we talked about Echo and eyes.) (The downloadable ones were all made using a graphics program to make the colors they like, then using Bodyshop to turn it into a package file which the game can use.)

The downloadable way is used when you don't know how to use Bodyshop and a graphics program.

3. megrhen224

megrhen224 New Member

I tried body shop....

I tried body shop, but I don't get how you can use the paint thing with it. The eyes just stayed blue.:confused: :confused: Sorry, still don't get it.

4. nectere

nectere New Member

your best bet would be to find a bodyshop tutorial...but here is a basic run down of what you want to do:

Open Bodyshop, select create parts, select eyes, select a set of eyes you are going to "clone" to create your new eyes. Follow the instructions on screen - I believe it will ask you to name your project and give the file some sort of in game description.

Then it will tell you where the files you need to work on are saved. This would be in a bodyshop projects folder in your ea games folder - something like my documents\ea games\sims 2\bodyshop\projects (I think - I am working from memory here it could be just sims2\projects).

Go to that folder, open up the one that has your eye project in it. Here you will see a bunch of .bmp files. Now you need to open up your graphics program of choice (I use Photoshop it just depends on what you have). With your graphics program you will need to open up all those .bmps in that folder and edit them changing the color from blue to purple (I cant tell you how to use your graphics program because I dont know what you have).

Once you have edited and saved all the files (do not change the name, type or path of the files when you save them), go back to body shop and refresh your project, if you are happy with the results import them into the game.

5. megrhen224

megrhen224 New Member

THANX!!!! I'll try it tonight when I get home!!:) :) :)