More stuff to do: Teen raising toddlers

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jun 22, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

More stuff to do: Teen raising toddlers

Here's the idea: Make a family with one teenager and at least one toddler. (You can have children too if you want). Give them one parent. Kill the parent off as soon as play begins. (The insiminator's great for this.) If you want to be extra mean you could have the mom have a baby first and then die. :p

Have the teenager raise the toddler(s) and other sibs without having them taken away. Extra brownie points for platinum mood when they transition, potty training, good grades, and the like. If you can do it without driving the teen insane, even better. Runaways, constant fighting, D's, all bad.

Want more challenge? Try have all sibs be good friends by the time they go to college/leave the house.

No cheating. Just money trees, jobs, school rewards. Start with a small house, LOL, you're going to need the savings.

Again, not an official challenge, just something to do.

And, oh, post your results!

P.S. You will, of course, need a nanny. That's not cheating.

2. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Ok, I used the insimenator, but I made the Dad die of Old Age, forgetting the inheritence. Truly, I forgot. I just wanted a nice-looking gravestone. So now the family is in a teeny house, with so-so furniture, and $13,000...
    Some interesting things...
    The boy (Josh) wasn't that emotional when the Dad died, he was more interested in the Hula Zombie's bikini top. Seriously, I have photos throughout the death of him staring and smiling... Weird.
    And the toddler, Sarah, was learning how to walk out on the front lawn under a tree, but she kept on refusing. Then she turned towards her father's grave (buried next to the tree) and a thought bubble came up of the gravestone, and she walked into her big sister's (Rebecca) arms! Like, she didn't want to do it, but she thought of her Dad and she did it... Ok, I know, it was just coincidence, but it looked cute, if not slightly creepy. I'll update later...

P.S. I named them after a family I knew, so don't be offended if I used your name :)

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Wah!!! Wanna see those photo's of Josh ogling the hula girl! :hissyfit:

4. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Cool idea! I'm gonna have to try that...I once did a variation on that, only it was the grandmother raising her grandaughter...Both of them had to have jobs, AND about 5 money trees in the back (which the gardener kept stealing from!) and they still were barely keeping food on the table.

Grandma got so depressed that she was regularly visited by the psychiatrist, and she ended up dying during her grandaughter's birthday party (where the grandaughter turned into a teen.

So I ended up with this poor orphaned teen, living on her own, having to sell furniture to make ends meet...And Grandma turned into one ANGRY ghost! She'd make a mess in the bathroom, scare any visitors with the floating lamp trick, and kept trying to scare her own grandaughter...She actually ended up scaring her grandaughter to death! A very tragic little household!

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I did this before too, created a family in CAS, complete with mom and dad so the family tree would be complete, a teenage son, and a toddler daughter. I put them on a small lot, gave them a 4X8 house, with a small bathroom and bedroom just big enough to hold a single bed and a crib. Decorated it so it looked like a shack, complete with the lawn furniture for the kitchen table. The teenage boy made an excellant "substitute father" and he even managed to keep his grades up. Him and his sister ended up with one of the best sibling relationships I've ever seen. He was a family sim, and when the sister grew up I made her into a romance.

I didn't want to loose the house so I sent the son off to college once the sister was a teen. He graduated, moved back home and then the sister went off to college. Worked out great in the fact that they both then had their 6 want slots and put themselves through college...couldn't waste that orphan scholarship!

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Well, how very practical of you. I haven't tried this yet, myself. But it's fun hearing about other people's stories, however tragic. I have noticed ghosts hate it when you sell their beds ...

7. the_bass

the_bass New Member

I did this for a day or so when brandi broke died, dustin was left with toddler-beau to look after. I didn't think it was very difficult. Maybe I'll try again with a toddler AND a child to look after...muahha.

8. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Hmmm... I'll try to get a photo, but it probably won't work. :)

9. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Aaaargh!

So, I got all the photos from the neighbourhood, put them on a cd, loaded them onto this computer, searched through over 100 photo's, and it wasn't there!!! Ok, I went to My Documents, EA Games, The Sims 2, Storytelling, and got all the snapshots. What have I done wrong!? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:eek: Of course you 'd all be on at 1:45 am in my time.. I'm going to bed, hopefully I'll have the problem sorted in the morning.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh dear! You should've read the FAQs first. You need to looking the neighborhoods folder for the neighborhood where you took the pics. There's a seperate storytelling folder for each neighborhood. The one you copied is for general snapshots that don't belong to a specific family.

See http://forums.worldsims.org/showpost.php?p=104360&postcount=44

PS England a playing utter pants and if they can't beat ruddy Ecuador they better not even try to come back home ... they can apply for asylum in Siberia for all I care. :mad:

11. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

LMAO
    My Dad's stopped watching the Socceroos, he watched the Japan one, but he went to bed early because he thought we were going to lose, and he missed those last goals. So he decided to watch the next one, and we lost.

I thought it was something to do with the neighbourhood... Thanks Mirelly! I went to your FAQ's but I mustn't have looked hard enough.

12. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

Josh Ogling the Hula Girl

Finally! Hope this works...

1. Josh ogling Hula
    2. Josh ogling Hula
    3. Dad doesn't want to leave
    4. Rebecca loses it
    5. Sarah remembers her Dad

Hmmm, they're not very big... Oh well.

Attached Files:

13. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

I know, bad me, posting three times.
    I found out that, although he has six niceness points, he is quite the nasty little bludger. He just kicked the mailboy, Rebecca's future boyfriend :shocked: I'll try to get a photo of it for my next update.

Edited to say: Correction, he threw a tantrum, the poor mailboy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Made for a great photo though ;)

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Lovely. Was Dad an elder? He looks so young ... :(

We won BTW ... but only thanks to one of Beckham's infamous curved balls. We face Portugal next ... :eek: so we got no chance :rolleyes:

15. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

No, Dad wasn't an elder, I used the inseminator and clicked old age (he had a bad heart ;) ). Thankyou for your help Mirelly. I just let the Dad look like whatever he wanted, and the kids, they're all pretty good for looks except the Dad.

16. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

This challenge sounds like a good idea.:bunny: