Troubleshooting Sims2 University Installation - please help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sonnnia, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Sonnnia

Sonnnia New Member

Sims2 University Installation - please help!

Hi! I am going crazy because my Sims2 University expansion pack won't install :eek:. When the installation gets to about 64% finished I get an message saying that is cannot copy file F:\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe. If I continue to click retry every few minutes it will go all the way to 100% but it isn't really installing and then it stops there :mad:.

I have tried to resolve this by completely deleting all Sims2 programs from my entire computer, but that doesn't work. The disk installed fine about a year ago when I first bought it...

Anyone know how to help me? :confused: Thanks!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Is your Sims 2 University installation disc dirty or scratched?

3. Sonnnia

Sonnnia New Member

Hi, thank you for responding. There is nothing wrong with the disk, it didn't suffer any trama since I last used it. I did some websearches and other people had a similiar problem, also with disks that were good - they would even try new disks and have the same error message, so I don't think it was that. Howerver, they didn't seem to have any solutions :(

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

One solution people have come up with is copying the entire installation CD onto a folder on their computer and running the installation off their computer.

Give that a go.

5. Sonnnia

Sonnnia New Member

I created a Sims 2 University folder next to my Sims 2 folder and then began with the TSBin, about 30 seconds into the copying of the folder I received an error: "Sims2EPI: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)" :confused: Does this mean that the disk believes that I already have this file somewhere on my computer? I already followed EA Games' directions on how to clean the game from my computer before I began to reinstall. Did I miss something?

Thanks for all your help.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

7. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

Also--did you remember to turn off those pesky background tasks? I had the same problem, and that's all it took.