Troubleshooting It's Stupid^^

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Niggi, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Niggi

Niggi New Member

It's Stupid^^

Hey
    Im Niggi from Germany, so, my english is the badest:D
    I surched and surched in this Forum but I can't find a Thread like this, so I allow myself to write it :p
    I downloaded following meshes:
    Grazing Mare &
    Stable Horses
    at www.modthesims2.com
    But the Problem is, the original Mesh were deleted by the creator, so I only have the recolours!
    My Question now:
    Does anyone here has this mesh?!?
    I please you! :rolleyes:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi Niggi. Your english is wunderbar! :D

To be fair, you should take up this problem with the website you got the download from. I just checked and the creator of those meshes, suiryuue, appears to be contactable by email, private message and MSN. She must have had a reason for deleting the meshes ....

3. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

Hey, Niggi. Seems she also has a website.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mickyss/

Click on Decoration. The Stable Horse (if that's the one you want) is on the last page of it. Just keep clicking the forward button.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hey that's cool, Cabinet. I looked for that and couldn't find it! Cheers! :D

5. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

You're welcome.

I went to one of her other threads, and found it. :)

6. Niggi

Niggi New Member

Thx a lot^^
    I send her a message, but she hadn`t answered yet, so I think I get them over the website..
    thank you sooo much:D
    Bye
    Niggi

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Lynet has been using horses in her ironsides story, so maybe she has a line on the horses??? Lynet???

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The horse you can ride is adapted from a car (found on MTS2) and is totally different from the horses as decorations (e.g. grazing mare.) I had downloaded the stable horse previously before any meshes were deleted. Later, I looked for the "Grazing Mare" and couldn't find it anywhere. Suiryuue seems to have deleted all of her stuff from MTS2. :confused: Don't know why. I checked out the website Cabinet gives us but couldn't find the "Grazing Mare" there, either. Ah well, I figure it will show up again somehow, somewhere. I'm not going to spend any more time looking for it. :rolleyes: Maybe Maxis will decide to do horses.

BTW, you can also find some interesting and elaborate horsedrawn carriages (adapted from cars) over at MTS2. I've used the cart in my story but there are other really nice ones.

You know, I put huge amounts of time into my stories and pictures but certainly don't expect payment and wouldn't particularly care if someone 'stole' the pictures. (They're not exactly useful in the real world. :rolleyes: ) I've noticed all of the time and energy people spend on maintaining their rights to a mesh or design and find it interesting to watch the fights about it. I have changed some things I've downloaded, of course, but would never package them to any site claiming them as my own work. My own urge is just to share the fun I'm having with people who will appreciate it. I can't quite relate to all the fuss being made about meshes. It's just a game, for pete's sake.

(Now watch me get slaughtered by mesh creators. :p )

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If there's any slaughtering to be done, it'll be me doing it, Lynet.

I really admire your efforts with your stories and I know just how much hard work is entailed in getting, even quite simple-looking, pictures. Some (many :eek: ) of yours are simply outstanding. Compared to the absolute rubbish that is 50% of all TS2 downloads (free or paid for :cool:) your fiction and illustrations are worth a free lifetime subscription to any subscription based site.

Why do I say that half of all custom content is "absolute rubbish"? Can it be true? Well yes it can. Let me cite examples:
    • Masses of the clothing for sims consists only of an outfit that's been painted on to the basic nude body mesh
    • Tons more has been lazily packaged as suitable for every use meaning that the wretched things clutter up every single armoire menu (everyday/formal/undies/etc.)
    • Far too many meshes (clothing and objects) are incomplete/infinished ... most often with a cloned but wrongly shaped clickable area. I have cars where only the glass is clickable. I have dining chairs that are almost impossible to click, I have skirts that take over the clickable area of every sim within spitting distance.
    • Close to 80% of all "new" objects don't even have a new bloomin' catalog description ... if they've been cloned from something else we even get the stupid situation of buying window blind described as "The Lady In Red" - (though why in heck a mesher chose to make curtains out of a painting can only be wondered at ... maybe he/she was stuck with the habit from TS1 :rolleyes: ... at least their laziness/stupidity in not changing the catalog description leaves it clear to the end user that the maker is lazy and stupid ... and if you paid for it as well, then you also know that the maker is grasping and avaricious too.
    And that's just a taster of my opinion of custom content makers who charge for their work ....

I have no problem with free content. I use it all the time. I wouldn't pay for stuff if I had Bill Gates' billions (though I might hire my own design team to make stuff for me ... and I'd share it with the community for free.

And if someone wants to get medieval about bandwidth charges I have some excellent advice P2P file-sharing :p

10. Cabinet

Cabinet Trust Me

You know, Mirelly, a lot of problems stem from the fact that people don't test their creations in a game first. They can't be bothered. Or they just don't think of it. Or they trust whatever program they are using to do it right.

I test mine--especially the things I make for Sims 1. :)

As for Sims 2--I just got into making meshes. In fact, I've only made 2. I still have to tweak the other one around before I'll put it anywhere for others to use. If I'm not happy with it--it doesn't go anywhere.

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... I'd forgotten about that rant. Actually I don't mind part finished or buggy meshes or kludged together recolors ... I just deprecate the fact that so many get-rich-quick merchants want to charge for them. Either that or they get all ego-manic over the fact they have a website like it takes genius to build and operate a website or else they go all corporate and plaster their name and copyright assertions all over everything like it matters more than, oh, the price of oil, say.

On the other hand some fansites are too modest ... I like your's, Cabinet! I have meant to say so before but keep forgetting. I look forward to seeing some new meshes. There are never enough enough new meshes ...

Did I ever mention that I think we could do with more hats and animal costumes for our sims ...? :p