The sims 2 PE/CEP

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by horror.show, Jun 27, 2006.

1. horror.show

horror.show New Member

The sims 2 PE/CEP

Has anyone ever had any problems or anything with this or has it been really great .. please post your good and bad experiances with these programs here .... i was wondering if it was a good/safe program to use ... thanks

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

SimPE (Sim Package Editor)and the CEP (Color Enabler Package) is by http://sims.ambertation.de/

Used in accordance with the makers' instructions they are perfectly harmless. Indeed without the CEP a great deal of custom content will be unavailable to you since the ability to recolor objects wasn't designed into the game and had to be reverse engineered by the talented R. Giles and Numemor.

SimPE is as safe or as dangerous as you want it to be. Treat it like you would a chain saw. Don't use it on good stuff until you know what you're doing and even then remember the principles of safety first ... always keep a back up of the original files.

An alternative to SimPE is Datgen ... :)

3. horror.show

horror.show New Member

wow you seem to know alot... thanks!

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

LOL, Horrorshow. Mirelly will be flattered.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Horror show: There are many, many good tutorials on using sims PE to do things on many sites in the Sims community. Try running a search on www.moreawesomethanyou.com, www.modthesims2.com and the Sims PE forums page. One word of caution: DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT LOOKS TO COMPLICATED TO YOU! Until you get used to using SimsPE and completely understand what you're doing, It can be very easy to mess up your game without meaning to. I only use Sims PE for the very simplest things, like renaming sims and creating relationships. I have tried to do more complicated tasks before to my own sims' peril. So, second note of caution: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP! There is a back-up option on the neighborhood browser that I use every time I am planning on making chages to my game. Good luck to you. :)