Do social workers have names?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ace, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

Do social workers have names?

My sim went on a blind date and got paired up with a social worker who apparently has no name except social worker. Has anyone ever moved a social worker in with them or married them? Do they have a name once moved in? My sim really hit if off with her and I was just wondering if anyone else has ever run into this. If she marries my sim (David Destitute) does she become Social Worker Destitute or what?

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

When you marry any of the service people they turn out to be unemployed, unlike the townie/passersby who might be rich and have good jobs.

You don't have to marry her to have her move in. That's what I'd do, out of curiousity. Get to be best friends (she has a telephone, I trust, so you can call her,) invite her to move in and see what you get. ;)

I'd like a date with Mrs. Crumplebottom but I guess that'll never happen. :p

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Ace: The Social Worker is one of those NPC's that are supposed to be "untouchable", with little or no interaction, like the repo man or the carpool drivers. I've read that they are really not desirable for romantic or move-in purposes because they don't have the social programing. I once used SimsPE to make a repoman best friends with one of my female sims. I thought he was cute and that he'd make a good ummm, genetics donor. Well, she was able to call him over, but then he just stood there and did nothing, carrying his repo-super-soaker around.

I have read about others dating the social workers on blind dates, but haven't heard if of them marrying them. Has anyone married them and their game continue tp work fine?

4. Ace

Ace New Member

Well, my sim married her and she doesn't have a name. The game refers to her as Social Worker Destitute...lol. It's strange because all the other NPC's have names. I may have to use a cheat to change that. She came with quite a bit more skill than a lot of the other NPC's. She has 10 mechanical points, 5 charisma, cleaning and body and 2 in logic, cooking and creativity. She has been fine interacting with other characters when they've been on dates. Her hubby is her only friend, she has 1 enemy, and about 5 acquaintances. She is a popularity sim like her hubby. I haven't had a chance to play with them since I married them so I will have to let you know what happens. She does know how to woohoo! No problems there. If she doesn't work out I may have to kill her off but so far it looks promising.

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

one of my widowers just had a blind date with a sw. she's actually kind of pretty.

6. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

I started a Legacy Challenge Sim on my laptop, and "Nice Kiara" had a blind date with a fireman. They still have three bolts for each other, but aren't firemen like Headmasters, repomen and all the other buggy NPCs? Fortunately she had the hots for another man named BJ Cormier, so that's that I suppose. :rolleyes:

7. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I've had sims marry the firemen (and firewomen) and the headmaster. They never had a problem. They were no different to townies.

Cass.

8. Ace

Ace New Member

So far, so good. Other than not having a first name besides social worker, the character is playing just fine. She is just like any other sim. She just had a baby and is a good mother. Does anybody know a cheat to change a sim's first name?

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

What you need is Merola's Multi Painting from Simchaotics (look at Merola's Sim 2 stuff)

http://www.simchaotics.com/

Left side of the picture under miscellaneous, I believe, is where you can change a sim's first name.

Sims can buy the painting and hang it on a wall in their house. I think it cost about 399 simoleons. It does a great deal more than allow changing a name. Using the painting can become addictive. :eek:

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

addicting!!!!!!!!

addicting in the max. I've got a couple of family that are 100% Merola's thank you very much. actually when creating a family it allows you to adjust their skill levels so they are somewhat like they would be starting from birth. especially elder sims.

11. Ace

Ace New Member

Thanks Lynet. I downloaded the painting but I can't get it installed. I'm not exactly a whiz when it comes to computers. I'll probably have to wait until my son comes home this weekend to get it installed.

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL .. that is so sad, Ace. Be very ashamed :p

13. Willow_Tara

Willow_Tara New Member

Plenty of my sims got married to Social workers, they usual;ly sttay with Social Worker and the sims last name, but they are nn't buggy or anything

14. SpongebobTanu

SpongebobTanu TGAP SPONGEY

with perks from OFB, one of my sims got everyone in the neighborhood in her phonebook. She needed friends so i randomly started calling people. One of them turned out to be a car pool driver (could tell by the outfit only after i invited her over). As soon as she came over, she got all buggy. I couldn't interact with her, couldn't shoo her and couldn't as her to leave. she just stood around and eventually experienced a need failure and left the lot. it was weird.

15. trying2belovely

trying2belovely New Member

With boolprop turned on, you can shift click your sim and when the menu comes up, I think you go to either "Spawn" or "Tombstone Of Life and Death." And one of the options should be to change your sim's name.

16. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You can change a sim's first name using the Insiminator.

I had a dormie named Don who was a real cutie but I hated his name. Don Todd. Yawn. So I made him selectable and changed his name to Cameron Todd.

Much better. :)