he won't die

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

he won't die

I'm trying to kill Lifelong, the father of the Welfare family, because I want to do that cool idea of having a teenager raise her sibling. But he won't die! He's trapped in a room without doors, but he just stands there, complaining about food once in a while. (I put in a toilet out of pity.) He is into the dark red in most needs. When his energy level hits red, he falls asleep, eventually wakes up refreshed, and stands at the window. Even his comfort goes up again! It's been days now. Meanwhile, his daughter Leaving is doing a good job taking care of the baby, Borninto.

I've never murdered someone before. I always chicken out at the last minute. But I really want to this time. What to do?

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Looking out of a window doesn't raise their comfort significantly enough to keep them from dying, as far as I know. How long have you been starving him? Starvation usually takes about three days.

Do you have a cowplant?

3. MoveDanceBeBorn

MoveDanceBeBorn Mug-Master!

killing off sims

If "the box" doesn't work, why not try putting him in a pool without a ladder, or if you have Nightlife, add a flame-throwing thingy to his room.

4. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I know what you mean about not wanting to murder a sim - I can't bring myself to do it too. I don't even let my sims die - they never get to be elders because I use the elixir. It's too sad to let them die!

If you really want to make this guy die, I would suggest the pool and removing the ladder (as someone else suggested), as I've heard it's a popular way to kill off sims. Just be prepared, have those tissues ready to wipe your tears when he's gone hehehe. :p

5. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

I've never cried when I killed my sims....

I did once when my ikle baby boy sim (first baby to grow to teen) burnt up.

6. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Awwww, poor ickle baby , ummm teen lol.

I had one of my fave sims pregnant with twins again (her second set) and she died because she petted the reindeer outside - she was electrocuted. I was practically in tears because it was so sad. Thank goodness for being able to exit without saving lol.

7. Jiko

Hey guys, it's the Welfare family! I'm talking unemployment here, and if I can kill this guy off, a teenager with a toddler. In other words, I can't afford a pool! I would have tried that right off. I can't think of anything except starvation or waiting for the tv to break so he can electrocute himself - but that isn't guaranteed, either. Maybe I'll take out the window and toilet and see if his comfort goes down enough - bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

PS: It's been almost 3 days.

8. Kimblee

the insiminator lets you kill your sims with a single click....

9. SpongebobTanu

SpongebobTanu TGAP SPONGEY

if you use boolprop (this is my second post on this forum so forgive me if cheats are a no-no), you could do death by flies.

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Cheats are fine, Spongebob. We don't condone or allow information about "non-teen-friendly" (that is, "naughty") hacks, or piracy, but normal hacks and cheats are all part of the game around here.

Welcome aboard! :D

11. SpongebobTanu

thanks so much for the welcome! :D

12. Jiko

At last, he has kicked the bucket, gone fishing, bought the farm, passed on. Starved to death, I guess. I was expecting him to simply get weaker and weaker, but he was just standing there, and then collapsed.

I tried the fire thingie, but he just ignored it.

I think you can do death by flies if you let a lot of filthy dishes pile up and lock someone in with them, but I was in a hurry.

I don't do cheats, so now I know - you can starve 'em in 3-4 days.

Now Leaving Welfare and her kid sister, Borninto, are on their own. Leaving is not having any fun or getting much sleep. Too bad! :D

13. person123

Death by Flies is a big hassle. You need to have at least 15 smelly things on the floor, and the sim has to walk on top of all of them. It's really annoying and the time it takes for the sim to die is also the time it takes for roaches to develop. I've only done it once for a Legacy family.

14. Kimblee

Yuck, roaches.

needed that ghost?

15. person123

Yep...Legacy Challenges are so grueling. It can take a year if you play as much as I do...which is only once a week or so. As soon as I install the Uni, Nightlife, and OFB (I'll get to it eventually...) I'll be trying the Asylum Challenge: http://simscout.blogsome.com/mini-challenge-asylum/. Much, much shorter.

16. SpongebobTanu

I've played that!

Hey! i've played that challenge! I loved it - it was the first challenge i actually finished. I wish i still had the blog on it :( oh well.

but i definitely recommend it, its fun to watch! I took the new uniform outfits from OFB like the diver, the pink gorilla, ninja and all of those funny ones and used body shop to make them available as underwear and pajamas as well. so when i created my simmies for the challenge, i named them appropriately, like ninja and ninja had to wear the ninja outfit for all the different outfits so no matter what they dressed in, they stayed in character.

hmmm...now i want to do another asylum challenge! see what you did - you made me reminisce! lol.

17. Kimblee

Oooo....

I'm gopnna try that!

That looks like so much fun!

18. MoreStainedPaper

MoreStainedPaper New Member

I've never tried any sort of challenge and I guess I'm a little fuzzy on what the point of them really is and how they work. I've only heard of two types; a legacy challenge and now this asylum challenge. Are there others, and what are they for?

19. simscrazy247

simscrazy247 New Member

An easier way is to make a swimming pool and put him in and then take away the ladders. It doesn't take as long either.:bandit:

20. Jiko

Update on my teen-rearing-baby challenge: The remaining members of the Welfare family are surviving, with bare floors and unmatched paint and few distractions from the dreary workaday world. We couldn't have gotten this far without a nanny, of course, which really eats up the meager savings. But now the baby, Borninto, is a child and goes to school as well. She's a real brat! She had those difficult early years and they seem to have marked her. Her big sister, Leaving, tries hard to keep her homework done, but longs to have fun and meet new people and flirt and all. No time for that! Her backpack is empty, I'm afraid. But there are gnomes to kick and mac-and-cheese to make, and high school will be over someday. If only Borninto would stop throwing tantrums.

Dear Simcrazy: read earlier posts in this thread. Couldn't afford a swimming pool.