Pets - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 11, 2006.

1. MoreStainedPaper

MoreStainedPaper New Member

About the animal career, from what I've heard from SnootySims, your pets can have careers and there is either an OFB type of community lot business or career track having to do with pet care and medicine. http://www.snootysims.com

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Really. That would make it more interesting. I'll have to see what the official press is on that. Witch Baby wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up so that would mean .... I would never get to use my computer again. :D

Yes, Snake, it's better, though plain old black is the best. Thank you for making it darker. I'm just going to get up out of my rocking chair and go play church bingo now. :eek:

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yeah but think of the advantages, SB. Vets are so cool ... when the end of the world comes a vet is much more useful than a doctor. Doctors can only work out what's wrong with a patient by being told what the matter is ... vets are much cleverer ... if the patient is small enough (and cooperative enough) to lift onto a table they stick a thermometer up its bum and magically divine the disease and its cure, if the patient is too big for lifting, (and too dumb to wonder about anything but food) then the vet shoves a whole arm up the bum with the same general result :rolleyes: ... and if neither of the above apply they just shoot it with a trank-gun and be done with all the hassle. Come the apocalypse I either want a vet to dress my wounds and tend my bubos or -- at a pinch -- Greg House will do almost as well :p

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Y'know ... I'm getting this whole other "tits 'n bum headed south" image thing going on my head and it's not very flattering :( :rolleyes: :eek:

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oh, so far "Mr. Witch" has no objections. ;)

I just meant my eyes are so bad I might as well be 60. But the rest of me's looking all right for a 40 year old, if I do say so myself.

Not perfect, just all right. Could lose a few but who couldn't? Other than Babe, that is, but she's 15 so it doesn't count.

And what's this obsession you seem to have developed with sticking things up bums? :D

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I only mentioned thermometers :( ... arms are limbs not things ... :rolleyes:

7. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

MoreStainedPaper...I'm with you on this. I was so excited when I heard that pets might be the next EP that I could have done cartwheels. LOL :D Pets were very important to my sims in the first Sims game and I've been waiting impatiently for pets in TS2.
    I do hope they have some new careers and a few extras to add to the game though. Once the newness of pets has worn off I'd like to have something else to play with...so new careers and such would be great. :)

Cass.

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I am always excited for a new EP, and look forward to whatever changes it brings to my game. However, I did play the pets in Unleashed, but relied heavilly on cheats to train and manage them. I only bred them once, and found that very boring. So, I am not as excited about having puppies and kitties in the game as I am other features, like pet-related careers and such. The beauty of Unleashed was, as already said, the huge jump in gameplay that it offered such as the downtown area and expanded neighborhood, as well as extra careers. I am hoping that Pets does that as well.

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'd like to see the Diva lady from Downtown walking around carrying a white Persian cat.

I didn't like the strays in Unleashed, either. I agree with Kristalrose that breeding kittens and puppies was boring. And the animals sometimes blocked a sim from getting into or out of the tub. However, these are minor problems that might not be part of a Sims2 EP. Getting a dog for the kids to play with and take care of might turn out to be interesting, so long as someone younger than a teen is allowed to feed the dog.

I had intended contributing my two cents to this thread this morning but got to laughing too hard at SBW and Mirelly's bum talk. :D

10. MoreStainedPaper

MoreStainedPaper New Member

Did anyone see the pawprint in the Glamour Pack (stupid stupid stuff pack) announcement on the official TS2 website? I mean, I know that it's been known for a while that it would be Pets, but I'm excited to find out more details, see some screens and videos and see exactly what they'll be adding with this EP.

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You should be seeing a lot of info within the next few weeks. That's all I'm saying :)

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

It's weird how everything has been so hush-hush about Pets coming up. Usually when a new EP comes out, you hear about it for months!!! I wonder if they are doing very extensive testing this time to make sure the bugs are out before they even start selling it?

Anyway, Lynet, I like your idea about Diva with a persian. Or, how about a little poodle or Yorkie in a purse? :rolleyes:

13. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Rose, what are you thinking? No bugs? Like that's going to happen.

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

:rolleyes: Yeah, I know, impossible dream, huh? Has there ever been a Sims game released that didn't have a few bugs? If so, I have yet to play it. ;)

15. mac

mac New Member

Having taken care of three (now, alas, only one) elderly kitties, the last thing I want is to have pets in the Sims. I love (have loved) them, but don't need virtual ones as well.

16. simscrazy247

simscrazy247 New Member

I think that Sims 2 Pets will be the most successful expansion pack yet! It was one of the best Sims 1 expansions pack.:D

17. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

You're very right, it was my personal favorite. But not because of pets--buts because of all the other features.

18. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

and we thought we'd have pets 1st...

The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff - Coming In August!

19. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Another one!?!?!?!?!:eek:
    They seem to be churning out the EPs this year. It looks like there is going to be at least 4 by the end of the year!

20. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Glamour Life is merely a booster pack, not an expansion pack.