Glamor Life Stuff Pack

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JohnEZ, Jul 22, 2006.

1. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Glamor Life Stuff Pack

Sorry, just random. Let me get this straight... they want us to pay $20 for a pack that has only 60 new objects and a few articles of clothing??

What do you all think about this?

2. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

I think it's scandalous, John. :p

Really...I think it's very bad. I paid 7.99 for the FF pack, and that was at a reduced price for Play.com, but I thought it wasn't worth it. I am pretty annoyed that the Glamour pack will be so expensive, considering it's not an EP. Hmm, I wonder what play.com's price will be (I can't find it on there yet).

I have a problem with the number of items for the price paid, and the quality and variety of those items, along with the inevitable bugs as QC has been lacking in previous packs/EPs. Glamour items won't really add a lot to my game, as I just don't play it that way. Besides, I have far too many downloads of a very high quality already, which cost me a fraction of the price in comparison to the stuff packs.

:)

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Wow, $20? I hadn't realized it was that expensive.

I enjoyed the little movie clip with the sim who got a makeover and went into aspiration failure when she saw the bills. So true...

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

One of the things that Maxis has said in the past about the stuff packs is that they are not really meant for people who are able to download. They are more for people who want only Maxis made things in their game or who cannot do the downloading that so many of us do. (I've *got* to get my 6.1 gb downloads folder purged a bit. I'm afraid it's getting to the point of critical mass. But then, I *can* download, whereas other people can't.)

5. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Yep, I understand that Kat, but why charge them $20? It's not like Maxis have to work as hard on a stuff pack as they do for an EP with all that they encompass, as they clearly stated in their survey recently. The stuff packs prior to Glamour have been less expensive, so why is Glamour going to be $20? For those who only want Maxis items, or for those who can't download, it seems that they have to pay for the privilege of having Maxis made items. They end up with a stuff pack that hasn't been thoroughly tested, and which is lacking in value for money as there are not enough items to warrant the expense. Those who can't download might be happy with the stuff packs, but a huge number of fans CAN download and they too feel the pinch when compared to downloading from fansites.

BTW, I sympathise with your situation re the downloads folder. :p I too have a problem with downloads in that I can go and cook a meal in the time it takes for the game to load LOL. I have around 6000 to 7000 downloads, and I really need to start removing some. :eek:

6. bt55106

bt55106 New Member

These stuff packs make me mad... Maxis is wasting their time... It'd be sweet if there was more with them but the firsat one only had like 150 items and this one's only gonna have 6o? What's up with that??? They need to focus their full efforts to this pets EP or whatever...:mad:

7. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

Wow thats a Rip Off.

I get EP's for $35,I came back from the store before(i went over to get some Soda)and i saw this pack your talkign about,it was $24.99..

Thats just......-.-

EA YOUR BEING LAME NOW -.-!!!

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Only $20? While I didn't get the holiday pack (although I probably will when they re-release it next holiday season), I paid US$25 for FFP.

Unfortunately, prices on all video games seem to be going up. But so are production costs so the increase in price only follows.

Personally, I don't understand why they don't just roll them into the regular EPs. I read somewhere that they put things in stuff packs which don't fit with the EP themes. But with TS1, that's what made the EPs better. The main theme may not be something of interest, but the "secondary" theme was sometimes what made it worthwhile to buy the EP anyway. I can't imagine that the combined income from separate EPs and stuff packs make up for more people shelling out to the the EP alone. (But then, I'm not a marketer. One would hope that they would know that sort of information.)

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Wasn't FFP and the Holdiay pack both $14.95? I can't remember!:eek:

10. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Not that I can recall... I think they were both $20

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm sure I got the Holiday pack for about $15. I got it because I wanted a whole lot of Christmas decorations, including snowy windows, for my houses and story.

The other packs haven't offered anything useful to me. I'm having way more fun with downloads, anyway.

12. MoreStainedPaper

MoreStainedPaper New Member

I refuse to pay $20 for 60 items. I've ranted about these stupid stuff packs so many times, I can't even remember all my angry points. I'm going to wait til I can get them for a couple bucks on ebay or amazon used, or until a friend wants to give me their discs, because that's ridiculous. If we paid 30 cents per item for the regular expansion packs, we would be paying over a hundred dollars for each game. It makes me so angry I might throw up. Why can't they just throw those items in with one of the expansion packs? GRRRRRR :verymad:

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I've been burned too badly by the badly tested Holiday pack. I have Holiday, but I uninstalled it, returned FFS after I got it as a present, and I'm not getting Glamour.

If they can guarantee it has no bugs, maybe I'd consider it, but I can get better stuff for free. So why would I pay?

14. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I guess I only consider it half the price when I think about it since I always split it with my sister. But if I were buying it alone Id never buy it for 20 bucks

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I agree with Hugs comments also. I heard that much of the FFS problems were connected with what was reported as OFB coding in the packages. A stuff pack being just object and clothing meshes plus recolors should not install like an EP. One reason I have for not getting another stuff pack is the fact that I hate how installing it puts every sim out of bed with "just moved in" motive levels. That doesn't happen when I install downloads ... even major hacks and crazy new objects, that drastically alter in-game menus. It's almost as if the game's makers enjoy shooting themselves in the foot :(

16. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I also agree with Hugz--and from what I hear, I think QC has gone way downhill recently. :( I'm not insane--right?

17. myoasis21

myoasis21 Tiny Dancer

Yea I just got the FFP and I thought it would have alot of stuff since it was 20$ and then i downloaded it and i was like i just got ripped off! I agree its rediculious.

18. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I started subscribing to TSR, and I have also been a subscriber to the Well-Dressed Sims. I have favorite artists at both sites, and I download a ton of stuff. Both subscriptions are more cost effective for me than purchasing the "Stuff Packs". I can make small payments instead of one lump sum, and I get so much more content, and, in my opinion, things that are more my style. I caved in and bought the FFS pack for the Princess stuff, to delight my daughter. :) I've downloaded about 20 times more stuff from each one of these sites. Brianna at WDS is a genius and her furnishings, especially her kids' stuff, is my very favorite.

All that said, I'll probably buy the stupid thing anyway, because I can't stand not to have something sim related. But, I'll wait until they patch it, and patch it again. :rolleyes:

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

EEish...maybe I should turn SimStuff.com into a paysite and let people pay for goodies :rolleyes:

20. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

lol... josh. I go to simstuff occasionally. but my favorite is mts... no wait its.... sigh so many sites, only so much memory.:(