Stay at home option

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simgurl84, Jul 22, 2006.

1. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

Stay at home option

I think that when a new baby is born there should be an option that pops up. It should say: Who will be taking time of from work to care for the baby? The mother or the father? Or any other adults in the house. I dont like how it is automatically the mother who gets the vacation days. It seems to 60's to me. The sims (the player) should have a choice.

2. babyace2006

babyace2006 New Member

i agree with you...it is old fashioned....for such an up to date game...it still has old time features.

3. djslippyman

djslippyman New Member

Well keep in mind I don't think there's a woman around who will pick up and and start working again immediately after giving birth. Women generally do take 1-3 months off after birth as a general rule to bond with the child and to physically recover.

The same cannot be said of males. It would be nice if the game threw males an extra vacation day or two in addition as well but there's nothing old fashioned about women taking time off from work after birth....;)
    If you want your males to take care of the kids feel free to take some time off or do it permanently (as "unemployed"). So no game change is really required.

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Also, if the dad is the one that gives birth (to an alien) I think he gets time off from work as well. So it's really a physical recovery thing more than an old-fashioned thing.

Some of my sims have really needed that time to recover.