Troubleshooting Install Error!?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by chriswells85, Jul 31, 2006.

1. chriswells85

chriswells85 New Member

Install Error!?!?!?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]I am trying to install the sims 2 but when i get up to 72% installed an error box pops up and says problem occured from the media in file tsdata\res\sims3d\sims00.package ( i believe i typed it right) anyone got a clue on whats going on????:(
    [/FONT]

2. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Have you inspected your disc for any potential damage, like a scratch, smudges, stuff like that? Is your copy of TS2 on CD-Rom or DVD?

3. chriswells85

chriswells85 New Member

Cd-rom i guess... I bought it from Wal-Mart... No Dmg as far as my eyes can see...

4. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

OK, just to verify, it came on 4 seperate discs?

5. chriswells85

chriswells85 New Member

Yes, 4 discs.. It messes up on the 3rd.

6. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

What you could do is see if you can find a friend with one of those CD Polishing things, or you could try cleaning it with a microfiber cloth. If that doesn't work, I suggest calling EA about a replacement. :)

Sorry about your troubles,
    John

7. retrokittyxo

retrokittyxo New Member

well i got a problem 2 well when im trying to install my sims 2 it gets 2 19% then it says a problem occured when trying to transfer file TSData\Res\Sound\Sfx1.package pplz help me figure out this problem