How Do I modifying/making houses

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by sanjav112389, Aug 3, 2006.

1. sanjav112389

sanjav112389 New Member

modifying/making houses

i have the sims2 for PC and i cant modify or make a house:confused: ...i can like add furniture and all that stuff...but i cant change wall colors or floors or even add trees and pools.....i dont know whats wrong w. it:cry: anyone have any suggestions?? thanks!

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Did you click on the building tool instead of the buying tool? Sorry if that's a dumb question but you do all of the things you mentioned in build mode, not buy mode. (Build mode is the crossed tools.)

Just thought I'd start with the basics.

3. sanjav112389

sanjav112389 New Member

Yea, I go to build mode and I can't do anything...like I can click on it, and it shows what it needs to show, I can click on objects (Walls, Windows, etc), but I can't place them. Not only placing items from the Build Mode, I can't click and drag anything (Foundations, etc). I can do everything with the Buy Mode and Living Mode, but nothing with Build Mode.:confused:

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Are you playing without a CD in the drive? If you are then you need to put the CD in the disc drive. Sims2 disables features of build mode if the CD is not in the drive.

5. sanjav112389

sanjav112389 New Member

i dont have the CD anymore....

6. sanjav112389

sanjav112389 New Member

is there any other way to fix it?????:confused:

7. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Nope, because it's not broken. That's a deliberate copyright protection feature Maxis/EA put in to keep people from installing the game and then giving their CD to someone else. If you still have your serial number (CD key) to prove you paid for the game, you can contact EA to request a replacement disc for a small fee.

8. sanjav112389

sanjav112389 New Member

alright thanks :)