Well, did anyone get the Glamour Pack?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, did anyone get the Glamour Pack?

And if you did, what do you think of it? (No, I didn't run right out and buy it, I'm gonna wait for one of y'all to be the guniea pig hehe)

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Couldn't pay me to buy an "extras" pack. I'm sticking to the EP's.

I was reading about people's reactions to the Glam Pack at The Laden Swallow and the general consensus was that it's a rip-off. $15 for 40 items? Sheesh. I can get better stuff for free.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yep, I was reading the same forums and getting the same reactions. But, there are so many people saying that they are going to use the Maxis meshes from GP to make clothes and objects, and that makes me want it. I don't know what to do!! :rolleyes:

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I was actually thinking about getting this one... it's just a question of do I want it more than I want my nails done or not?

5. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

Don't buy it. It was a total waste of money if you ask me. I purchased it and the best part about it was flirting with the guy behind the counter when I went to pick it up.
    They added some objects and some clothes, but no where near as many or as good quality as I had expected. SBW's right, you can find better stuff on the internet.

6. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Not worth paying for, there are some nice items, I especially love the new big fountain, but then I use such items for pic taking, so they come in handy.... Some of the new formals are nice too, but you can download better stuff for free.

7. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I would consider buying it if it gets cheaper. Its not worth it to pay that much for so little but if people do end up using meshes and stuff from it then in the end it may be worth it.

8. BlinkyBill

BlinkyBill New Member

I haven't got it yet, I was lpoking at downloads and found some I really really like and then i got dissapointed because some of them required GP! So yeh I am going to get it later. I got the the Family one and I rarely use the clothes but I like to have extra decor and furniture

9. surprised_by_witches

Yeah, that's happening to me too, darn it. I may have to get it after all. For some reason FFS doesn't have that many recolors but GL seems to inspire them.

Sigh.

10. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

where did you find the recolors? I'd be interested in seeing them...

11. surprised_by_witches

So far, Sims 2 Day, Sims 2 Sisters and some things on MTS2. Possibly others, that's just off the top of my head.

12. sims2

sims2 New Member

I soooo gotta get this..it looks totally awesome...i want more clothes for my sims LOL!
    I will just buy it from ebay...cheaper haha.:)

13. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Well I did it, I caved today and bought not only the Glamour Pack, but also Family Fun stuff. I had $10 in reward zone certificates at Best Buy that has to be used, and my wonderful fiancee said to go buy them and he'd give me the other $30.00 I needed...love this man!

Anyway, I love the new clothing options (especially that I can download even more stuff!), love some of the furniture, and it's bug free so far. Now to wait for Pets...I did preorder with overnight shipping! Gwad I'm a sucker!

14. tobylynn57

tobylynn57 New Member

A joke

:mad: Yeah I got it and what a joke, I think we are being milked for more and more money before they finally give us what we want--PETS

15. kayeartemis

kayeartemis {punk pixie}

when does pets come out? i loved unleashed with the old sims and i can't wait for the new one!

16. sims2

sims2 New Member

Its already out here!

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

no way!.... not til dec here.... Not Fair! JOSH!............(whines)

18. surprised_by_witches

Don't worry, Michelle. It's supposed to ship October 17.

Only two weeks to wait.

19. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Ah good, I have two weeks to convince the parentals...I've already invested in another DDR game, whoops...I guess I can wait until Christmas...:eek:

20. tobylynn57

tobylynn57 New Member

Pets

:DPets comes out on October 17th. I really miss my Sims 1 It seems like you just had alot more options and cool downloads. I've seriously thought about going back to playing it instead of Sims2