Troubleshooting Delay problem and strange toilet issue

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by spiro_sim, Sep 25, 2006.

1. spiro_sim

spiro_sim New Member

Delay problem and strange toilet issue

Well, firstly, one of my families on Sims all of a sudden has MAJOR delays. A minute in real life is passing by quicker than a minute for this family. There were playing fine before and now all of a sudden it takes them forever to do anything. This is the only family that I'm having this issue with.

Now for my other problem. Every once in a while, in one of the houses, my toilet's all of sudden cannot be used. You can click on the toilet and have options but when the Sim goes to do said option, they can't. I've also tried to remove the toilet and replace it, but it says object in use and therefore nothing can be done with it. Not a big problem, obviously but VERY annoying.

Thanks for any help that you can give!

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I can't help with the delay issue, but I can with the toilet!

bring up the cheat screen:

ctrl + shift + C Type: moveobjects on

go into buy mode, grab the toilet and delete. Bring up the cheat menu again type moveobjects off

you can then buy a new toilet to replace the old one.

3. spiro_sim

spiro_sim New Member

Thank you! That issue was driving me CRAZY! By the way, how do I pull up the cheat screen? I haven't used it on Sims 2 before.

4. jupitershana

Ctrl + Shift + C brings up the cheat screen.

5. spiro_sim

spiro_sim New Member

Lol, yeah I probably could've figured that out from your original post. It's been one of those days. But thank you!

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

about the time issue... open the cheat window and type help that's suppose to open a list of common cheats... I believe that there is one that relates to time issues... or rhe speed of your sims.... and it should be set for 1, not lower and higher up to 6 speeds things up.

7. spiro_sim

spiro_sim New Member

Hmm, well the only cheat that I found in there that I thought you were talking about was the slowMotion one. And I tried that and nothing happened. It seems like the game is just going really slow and there's a lag. Almost like I don't have enough space on my computer or something so it's going slow. Except that this is the only family it does it with, and I had no problems with it the last time I played them. Thanks for the suggestion though!

8. spiro_sim

spiro_sim New Member

Well just to add a little something about the delay issue I'm still having an issue with. It will speed up in time (and basically skip the minutes it missed. However, the characters are still moving slowly. Also, today I decided to just let it run and see if it would eventually go back to normal, and it ended up crashing, or well it didn't quit necessarily but it went back to my normal screen where the application was just a box on the bottom like normal. Anyway any help would be appreciated. I contacted EA today, but they haven't been overly helpful in the past, so I thought I'd still check with you guys.

9. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

Please People, i can't believe you never turned to the updates/patches...
    These weird unexplanable problems happen all the time to almost everybody, and all it takes (ususally) is downloading the patch, http://thesims2.ea.com/update
    have fun!!

10. jupitershana

If by chance you did update the game, which simscrazy didn't bother asking and is just assuming you didn't; I did have a thought. Is this a larger lot than others or does it have more sims on it than others?

On my old computer I had one house that was quite a bit slower than others, and that's because it was an extraordinarily large lot. Downloading the patch isn't going to fix that. It's just a case of it being too large for your computer to handle...which is what most slowness issues are.

11. simcrazy5000

thats true, i forgot about that...i meant that mostly for the toilet issue, which i know you resolved but that would fix it a little more permenently, or what ever...I'm just trying to help...

12. spiro_sim

spiro_sim New Member

Actually yeah I did have the patch and have had it before the problem started happening. The family is actually on one of the smallest lots. I don't know what was causing it but I just moved them out and then back in again and that seemed to fix it. Annoying to have to buy everything but not as annoying as the problem itself. So far everything is going smoothly except for some of my Sims not being able to wear clothes that they've boughten.

13. simcrazy5000

well thats good you fixed it unfotunatly we have yet to find a solution for the new problem, several people have been having it but we can't figure out how to fix it but when we do you will have an answer