The Scoop on the Next Expansion!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by jupitershana, Oct 17, 2006.

1. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

The Scoop on the Next Expansion!

Brandon just called me from home, Pets have arrived safely! And I had him open the package to see if there was any information on the next expansion pack...and there is!!!!

I can't remember the exact name, but it has to do with outdoor life and...........

WEATHER!!!!!!

Hehehe. It said they can fish in their own ponds, have snowball fights, be caught in spring showers, play in the leaves; and watch out for unpredictable weather! Now those aren't the exact words, just what I remember Brandon telling me. It's supposed to ship early 2007...so I'm guessing March if they follow their pattern of release so far.

2. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Oh, means the news at SnootySims was right :D I think they sims2 team works really fast! I hadn't even gotten my Pets expansion and there's already news on the next expansion as usual :eek: :p

Thanks for sharing news on the next expansion :D

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

wheres my umbrella when I need it?

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I need a pair of rainboots--it's raining in NJ right now, absolutely pouring. My socks are thoroughly soaked just from the walk from the school to my mom's car.

But anyway--WEATHER! WEATHER! WEATHER! *gasps and keels over*

5. jupitershana

LOL

I'm worried that it might make my computer gasp and keel over; and I've got a decent computer! Weather is going to def. put a strain on our systems.

6. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

In Season (I believe that's the name they've coined for it) seems interesting, but I'm a little reserved about it. I like the idea of weather in my game for story purposes... but I like the fact that my sims can eat dinner outside all of the time if they want to as well.
    Not only that but like Shanna said, I don't know if my computer could handle yet another bundle in the formidable load of the Sims!
    Do you think they'll bundle it with other things too, like places you can go on vacation? That I would be interested in.

7. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Didn't they say this would be in the original Sims 2? ;)

8. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

well if weather does put a strain on comps the ill be glad my dad built our new one since its a top of te line as of now.

Yeah i thought they did say weather was going to be in the original. they better not just get our hopes up.

9. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I'm almost wondering if it "having to many issues" was just a ploy to make a later expansion that had it.

10. GypsySim

GypsySim Sims in Wonderland

I bet a lof of people that went crazy trying to download rain are gonna feel really stupid (especially since the rain download has a bad affect on the game) *coughs* I know I will *cough* but hooray for rain!

=) If they put in an option to play and or rake leaves, I'd be haaaaaaappy ^____^ cause thats just awesome..and umbrellas too!!

*does a little dance*

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Here's a teaser image on the official site.

Interesting name..

hpteaser....

Wonder what the H and P stands for.

Oh btw, if you look at the image carefully, you can see "Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter"....hmmm

Attached Files:

12. athina_livadi

athina_livadi New Member

Well it seems quite interesting but I have already burdened my pc with the Sims2 and all the expansion packs and I haven't got the Pets yet!

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Just curious ... how much of a "strain" is Pets? I'm wondering if my processor can handle it ...

14. darkdragonluver

I know. As it is I've had to switch over to the desktop to play my sims (Which also means I'm in competition for it with my bf) and if it weren't for the fact that I'm getting a new computer soon I'd have to make Pets the last expansion pack I get.

15. jupitershana

It has not effected my game play at all...but then again, you've seen my computer. If it helps here is a link to the min. system requirements for Pets.

16. jupitershana

That is the same image in the leaflets in the game. If anyone who doesn't have Pets yet is interested; here's what it says word for word.

17. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I'm going to start cleaning out my Downloads folder after I install Pets. With a few more EPs on the way...I think I should have as little stuff on the comp as possible.

18. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sounds like Vacation for Sims 2.

19. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

They should make the clothing an issue - in winter the sims should wear warm clothing (sweaters etc) and in summer wear skimpier stuff - if they wear the wrong thing it could affect their mood or something like that. :p

20. darkdragonluver

Or they could get a cold from not wearing the right clothing when it's cold out! heheh

Vacation would be awesome I missed it from the Original Sims.