What objects do you miss from Sims 1

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by danom8, Oct 21, 2006.

1. danom8

danom8 New Member

What objects do you miss from Sims 1

I personally miss the pantry, the vollyball net, the genie in the lamp, and the larger tables!
    What about you??

2. Pets And Pets

Pets And Pets New Member

Before making a thread... look on other forums because i bet someone has made this before but i dont think i miss anything lol... accept that big mansion in sims 1

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

There were some types of trees available in Sims 1 that aren't in Sims 2. I saw a lot of them in California and remembered them from the game.

I suspect, however, that a search of fansites would lead me to tons of different types of trees available for download, so I'm not complaining. :)

The other thing I remember about Sims 1 were the toys available for children, like train sets and gym sets for the back yard. I liked the big gym set for kids.

4. Dylan00

Dylan00 Hello ^_^

Genie Lamp

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I miss the grand piano. I was hoping they'd have one in the Glamour SP, but no such luck!

Most of the other things I'd been missing from TS1 have been coming out in the various stuff packs (SPs) and EPs.

As for the volleyball net, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in the next EP, which from the info which came out with Pets, is supposed to have all sorts of things to do with weather (which also seems to be stuff for vacations too.)

6. ranges

ranges New Member

definitly the vollyball net

7. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Actually I can't think of any Maxis-created object that I miss in the new games.

The only ones that do pop into my head are user created, like the Rejuvinator.

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

how about the slide for the swimming pool? and the circular stairs?

9. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Ooo! Yes I completely forgot about the circular stairs. I stand corrected: there is one object I miss. ;)

10. darkdragonluver

darkdragonluver New Member

I loved the circular stairs, I also liked that you could have love birds not just 'parrots'.

I did originally really miss the rugs but they added those so I guess I don't have much to complain about anymore!;)

11. danom8

danom8 New Member

Circular stairs

Yeah I deffinately miss circular stairs!

12. WAZLIBisourking

WAZLIBisourking New Member

I miss the skydiving thing. That was cool...

13. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

I miss the Teleporter. It was an awesome substitute for an elevator.

14. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Now that we have sims2 and the expansionpacks, I still miss the circular stairs, they were soo cool. And the grand piano too. And the satelite dish, the trophies in my custom made trophy room, and the big floor-to-ceiling windows.
    There where some paintings and chairs I miss too.
    Remember in sims1, there was this white plaster-thingy to hang on the wall? It cost 275, and if you bought it, then sold it after midnight it had increased its value to 1650. Cool
    More cool things, maxis

15. sims2

sims2 New Member

I miss the genie thing...and the stuff on the vacation expansion....hope they come out again.
    Petty there werent more selection of stuff in the shops too!

16. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

i miss the metal detector from vacation and that you could go fishing while u were out camping.

17. schwagster

schwagster New Member

I dont think I miss anything. Except for the Servo Robot. Do they have those in TS2???

18. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yes, if you buy the OFB expansion pack you can create Servo robots using the robot workstation.

19. schwagster

schwagster New Member

Oh, well I don't really want that one.