Marry off 6 children

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cdmlka, Oct 31, 2006.

1. cdmlka

cdmlka New Member

Marry off 6 children

Hello,
    My sim Monty's lifetime want was to marry off 6 children..... So I started a family and, of course, had six children. I could not have more than 8 people in my house at one time so I had Monty move out for a short period of time. He was actually gone through 2 of his children's marriages. When he came back both marriages were in his memories.
    My last child finally grew up and got married (like the other 5) but Monty did not reach lifetime platinum mood. Did I do something wrong? :( :confused:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

why did you move him out of the house? 8 is just the maximum playables. people still come to visit.

3. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

u cnt marry them unless you can control them both can you thats how you have to do it on my game

4. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Sims can marry NPCs or townies. You only need to be able to control one sim in the relationship.

Cass.

5. cdmlka

cdmlka New Member

I had him move out because when my kid proposed marriage the spouse moved in. If I didnt move him out then there wasn't any room and my kid was left at the alter

6. Zman1764

Zman1764 New Member

well you shoulda cheated haha!

7. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

That kind of response is generally offensive and/or annoying to the person you're talking to, Zman. A lot of us prefer to play the game the way Maxis meant for us to, rather than simply using cheats all the time.

8. cdmlka

cdmlka New Member

It's ok. I do use cheats sometimes (extra money to build the house I want). I didn't know there was a cheat... to allow extra people to be in the house?

9. tinny2

tinny2 New Member

He was'nt there trough the other two's marrige even though it was in his memorys he did'nt see it and as well as marring them of he probly wanted to see them get marryed .

10. cdmlka

cdmlka New Member

you're probably right. I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into until it came down to crunch time. He just died recently. He still got the hula dancers though!

11. aluminumcrow

aluminumcrow New Member

Aw shoot! I have this same aspiration and have raised 6 kids (7 actually, the 6th pregnancy was twins) and sent all 7 off to university at the same time. Then, of course, since I couldn't have all 7 move back in I sent them out to purchase their own house and have been marrying them off left and right, but all on their own lots without the mother sim being present. I didn't realize she had to actually be present to see the marriage. Wow, that was a ton of work and now it looks like it's not even going to matter.

Do you think it would be worth it to move each couple back in with mom, 1 couple at a time, and then divorce/re-marry? I'm not even sure if sims can re-marry after a divorce. Does anyone know if this would work?

I think I just spent a lot of time for nothing...

Well at least my family has completely taken over the neighborhood.

12. MegRen

MegRen New Member

This thread was almost 2 years old.