Fave Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jazz, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Fave Expansion Pack

What is your favorite Sims2 expansion pack?
    My favorite is Pets and OFB.
    I'm just particuallary intrested in this kind of things.:)

2. Zman1764

Zman1764 New Member

I like university alot. Havent played pets yet but I bet ill like it alot.

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I can't choose between them. I like them all pretty equally and would terribly miss any that would be left out.

What I like doesn't always have to do with the main theme of the EP. For example, my favorite thing about Pets is that my Sims now can continue to call people until 2am. Before Pets it was only until MN and if they had jobs, it seemed like Sims could never reach their friends. They could only do their calling in too short a time period. I love it that they have another 2 hours to get that done!

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

You must not have NL or OFB. You can call past midnight with those as well. The cutoff time is 2 a.m.

5. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Pets is my favourite by far. :D Although I do like NL & OFB. Uni is my most hated. lol Although I do like the new careers...but it's such a pain to get to use them. :rolleyes:

Cass.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Nightlife. No contest. But, then again, I mainly play for relationships and to build a family tree, so NL fits into my game style the best.

I am, however, enjoying pets a lot. :) Simming has become a family affair! My two year old son and 6 year old daughter will climb up on my lap and say, "Make a puppy! Make a kitty!" and then after we make them, I move them into a house and the kids love watching them interact with the Sims Children. :)

7. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Pets is by far my favorite expansion as it gives one the ability to have their own fuzzy animals again, and you can create your own pets and "register" them for other people to enjoy.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Strangely enough, OFB, and not because I have any interest in running a business, because I don't much. It's because I could build a Servo robot, and because I could create all kinds of new neighborhoods with fascinating architecture for my sim adventures.

9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Odd as they've had a midnight "curfew" even with NL and OFB. It wasn't until Pets was installed that they had a later "curfew." Trust me, I've gotten caught by the "why are you calling so late, jerk" enough times to know.

And I definitely have all the EPs. Holiday is the only one I didn't have (but I've preordered it this year and it's supposed to arrive on Tuesday.)

10. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Tuesday?
    Doesent it come out on the 17th?

11. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

I was able to call after midnight before I got pets too.

Cass.

12. sims2

sims2 New Member

I only have open for business so far LOL...but hope to get pets and nightlife for christmas:)

13. schwagster

schwagster New Member

I only have The Sims 2: Holday Edition and The Sims 2: University. I like to play them, but I'd liek to get another. Which one do you guys think I should get???

14. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Just get the next EP: Nightlife. You will probably eventually want all of the EPs, and if you've only bought and installed them sporadically, it's a gigantic hassle to uninstall all of them so you can have them installed in order. If they're not installed in order, it may cause some problems later in the game.

Plus, Nightlife adds a giant new aspect to your game: dating. A lot more fun. OFB adds a lot too, and so does Pets...I love all of them, so I can't give you an unbiased opinion. Well, University, not so much, but the zombies almost makes it all worth it.

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

NL is my hands-down favorite. I love the dating feature, and downtown. Not to mention vampires, as anyone who's read my stories can attest. I love my vamps.

Uni bores the pants off me, so much that I'm actually considering (gasp) not sending everyone from gen 6 of PDL. I like the 6 want slots but getting them is soooooooo tedious, and that's with college rampage and the college timer thingy. There must be a way to make it more fun! Or at least shorter.

I wonder if Pescado's phone hack is the reason I could call after midnight before Pets came out. I've been using it for quite a while.