Troubleshooting Moniter crashing.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by star_gazer49, Nov 26, 2006.

1. star_gazer49

star_gazer49 New Member

Moniter crashing.

Heya! Something weird happens when I play the sims. Whenever I try and make my own neibourhood or use the ready made houses from the house bin my computer crashes. The music is still on and the game seems to still be playing but the moniter comes up with a box saying 'power saving mode.'

I only have the Sims 2 and nightlife loaded on even though I also have buissness and university because the moniter crashes constantly when they are loaded on.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. joeySimzee

joeySimzee Hysterical Kangaroo

Nope, not me. But your problem sounds pretty tricky - have you contacted the EA technical support? :)

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've seen that happen mostly when someone was using a laptop, and occasionally with computers which meet the "requirements" but are not top notch. When it happens you may need to temporarily disable your computer's powersaver mode (and possibly any other background program which you have running, including anti-virus programs. If you do have to disable your anti-virus program, make sure that you disconnect your computer from the network/internet so that you don't get "infected" while you're playing (and also so that nothing starts up while you're playing.)

The instruction manual which comes with your game explains how to do this for improving your computer's ability to handle the game in the section on
    "Performance Tips." If your manual is not handy (which seems to be quite common for people to lose), then you can do a search for the instructions. I know that I've explained them at least once on this website, and I suspect that one of the other mods have done so as well.

4. veruaffe

veruaffe New Member

ne may i ask.. have you palyed the sims on your computer before? it might be cause your system doesnt meet the minimum requirements ^^ so why dot you check it first ^^