Troubleshooting Need Help asap please.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by WonderWoman1045, Dec 11, 2006.

1. WonderWoman1045

WonderWoman1045 New Member

Need Help asap please.

Okay so im a little computer impared so bare with me, I have Windows XP home edition, and I am having the same issue as everyone else regarding the DirectX 9.0c compatible adapter. But my problem is this, when I go to start run program and type in dxdiag and then to display under my chip manufacturer it says n/a and the information following also says n/a. Now I assume that this means I don't have a graphics card? Im not sure, if someone could let me know i would really appreciate it, also if I'm right and I am missing a card could someone also let me know what kind of card I should aquire.
    Thank you for you time. :)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Do you know what sort of graphics card do you have?

3. WonderWoman1045

No idea

How do you check? I thought i was looking it up the right way by doing the start run dxdiag thing but it keeps saying n/a. any ideas?

4. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Are you typing dxdiag or dxdiag.exe?

Another way to find out the name of your graphics card is to:

Go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, then click on the + sign in the box next to Display Adapters. It should name your graphics card there - mine says Radeon X300 series. Not sure if that is the long way round to finding out the name of it, but it works for me. :)

5. WonderWoman1045

I have tried both before and I get the same results. But I just did what you suggested and all it says is Video Controller (VGA compatible). I have no idea what that means.

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

When was your computer made?

Usually when it said "N/A" it meant that the computer was older and didn't have a specified graphics card. And "Video Controller" was an older name for the earliest graphics cards.

Perhaps you can give us more information about the rest of your computer, as that sometimes will give us more information about how well your computer will work with the game and where you would find the info about your graphics card.

7. veruaffe

veruaffe New Member

go to start>control panel>system

click on the hardware tab and click your device manager

Look for display adapters.. right click properties.... and click drivers ^^

your video crad is not showing..cause it doenst have the necessary drivers ^^