Troubleshooting Problem transferring files to my new computer

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by rconnor3075, Dec 17, 2006.

1. rconnor3075

rconnor3075 New Member

Problem transferring files to my new computer

Hello. I recently bought a new computer, and tried to send my old Sims 2 saved games and downloads to it. I know I'm supposed to backup the "My Documents" files, and I did (at least Neighborhoods, Saved Sims, Projects and Downloads). Problem is, only the downloads are showing up in my newly-installed game. The other stuff shows up in My Documents, but they don't show up in the actual game. I installed every expansion pack on my new computer that I had on my old computer. Is there anything I'm not doing right? HELP! Please Help! I need this to work by Christmas! Thanks.

2. veruaffe

veruaffe New Member

unfortunately, you need to save the entire Sims 2 folder from your my documents for it to work

3. MegRen

MegRen New Member

That's not true. When I got a new computer I only transferred my Downloads, Neighborhoods, LotCatalog, and maybe something else (I'm not on that computer, so I can't check), and everything worked fine. Make sure you installed the games BEFORE you put your old downloads and saved games in the My Documents folder. The install process would probably wipe them out or something.

4. veruaffe

veruaffe New Member

ah i see .. my mistake.. mustve read the wrong faq thanks ^^