How Do I What does this mean?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lvialp, Dec 31, 2006.

1. lvialp

lvialp New Member

What does this mean?

What does it do if you throw a bucket of water on someone? Also, what does it mean when they are walking around with their hands in front of their crotch?? I am a parent and am wondering if you can make them do dirty things, if so I am pulling the game from my daughter. Just want to uderstand it better.

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I've never seen a bucket of water option...

The only thing close I've seen is with nightlife where they can throw a glass of water at their date if it isn't going well; their relationships have to be pretty low.

The other issue is probably them just telling you they have to use the bathroom!

The game is rated teen for mild (very mild) violence and sexual content. The sims are able to "whoo hoo" as this is how they get pregnant; but only adults and elders can whoo hoo, not teens. Without any hacks installed the game is pretty PG. When they take showers or even use the bathroom it's all blured out with a censor blur. Same with whoo hoo; the sims dive under the covers and all you see is the bed moving around a lot and then fireworks at the end. As far as violence; sims will fight with each other if they don't like each other or catch their significant other flirting or kissing another sim. When they fight it turns into a huge dust ball so again that's very mild.

Sit down with your child while they play it to make sure you're comfortable with what they are doing in the game. Only you can decide if it's appropriate or not for your child. Play the game yourself for an hour and try different things out without your child in the room.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Sims can die, too. The death by fire is a little scary for younger kids. I didn't realize that could happen and it freaked my daughter out. But she still enjoys the game, just puts in a lot of fire alarms in all her houses. Make sure to put one over every stove or microwave and your sims should be fine. There is the grim reaper who appears when a sim dies, and that can be a little scary, but too much.

Sims CAN'T kill each other, though, which makes this a far superior game, IMHO, from a lot of others out there. The point of this game isn't death, it's life, in all its permutations. I think of it like a moving dollhouse.

The sims lead pretty tame lives, as a whole. And it's a good teaching tool. For example, you can learn to never have more children than you can handle, and to work hard to advance in a job.

They don't even have realistic body parts, and like Shana said, they're blurred anyway. I once caught a sim in mid-spin when I saved and he looked like Ken.

So if your daughter plays with Barbies she's already seen it all. :)

Oh, and PS, even when they get wet, they aren't wet. Sims, and their clothes, are waterproof.

4. Xela

Xela New Member

Yes, really the "dirtiest" things sims are capable of are the various "whoo hoo" options-- nothing is ever visible at any of those times, though.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Such odd questions. I've never seen either of these in my game. :confused: Are we all talking about the same game? The PC version?

6. lvialp

lvialp New Member

Thank you all for the info. I guess if this is the worst, it's much better than the violent games out there. Thanks again!