Troubleshooting says i need a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter but i already installed one!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Meghan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Meghan

Meghan New Member

says i need a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter but i already installed one!!!

Hi

:eek: I've just bought a new sims 2 game for my PC and am very excited to start

playing it, if I ever can!!!

I've installed the game, but every time I put the disk in to play a little

grayish box pops up saying some thing about a DirectX 9.0c compatible

graphics adapter!!!

I went to a website and installed one, my computer meets the requirments

of both the adapter and the game it is a Microsoft ME, but every time I go

to play it says the same thing!!! what do I do???

help me please!!!

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Have you updated your graphics card drivers since you put in the new graphics card?

Also, what is your graphics card? There are some which look like they'd be ok, but need extra work. (For example, all of the Intel graphics cards have problems with the game. You can get them to work, but it takes more fiddling.)

This thread may help: http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=2874

3. timster0708

timster0708 New Member

I NEED HELP ASWELL...I had that message once........

That came up once so i loaded my drivers up again etc....

Now wat my game does... the time can range the time i play until it buggers up...from bout 10 minutes to half an hour.....

-The sound stops and the picture goes and then the screen turns onto the orange button(safe mode wateva it called).

-Or the other thing it does is gets a little blurring colour thing in the top left hand corner of the screen and when u move the mouse the lines move with it and after a while it just comes up wit a mass of colours and when moving mouse the colours change

any1 no wat is goin on?????

My specs for my comp are fine etc i dunno wat sorta problem it is!!! I NEED HELP!!!

4. balletlvr922

balletlvr922 New Member

me 2!!!

i had the same problem as meghan but what are you talking about when you say a graphics card? and how do you figure out what "kind" you have.

5. wildchild61286

wildchild61286 New Member

I am having this same problem

I have updated my drivers, installed directx and everything else and NOTHING seems to work. please help me. also I dont know how to post all my specs so tell me how

6. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Click start and you should see the "Run" option right above it if you're using Windows Xp.
    With Vista I think it's search .
    You might check out the Simsprograms website as there are instructions on how to do this with Vista.
    Click the run option and type in dxdiag and press ok.
    It will take a minute to gather the information and when it's done click the "save all information" at the bottom .
    It will ask you where to save it (desktop is a good place).
    Right mouse click it and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder.
    Attach it to your reply so we can know your system's specs.

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Typing 'dxdiag' into the Vista start menu will also work, no need for run.

Also, reading the 'Important' threads would help you get you system specs.