Troubleshooting Sims 2 and Expansion Problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ron Maiden, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Ron Maiden

Ron Maiden New Member

Sims 2 and Expansion Problems

Hi. I recently just installed the sims 2 and all the expansions. I am having a problem, however, when I try and actually play the games. Everytime I give it a shot, it gives me an error saying sims " " has encountered a problem and needs to shut down . I am not sure what the problem is, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

2. .juice

.juice New Member

Do you have the latest drivers? Can you give us some more info about your machine? Check out the thread that says "Read this first" : http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=7547
    for what to post.

Read some of the other threads with similar issues and try those solutions.

3. Ron Maiden

Ron Maiden New Member

1. Processor Name and Speed: Intel Pentium 4. 2.40 GHZ
    2. System Memory RAM: 1022 MB
    3. Windows Version: XP
    4. Free Hard Disc Space: 20 GB
    5. Total Hard Disc Space: 80 GB
    6. DirectX Version: 9.0C
    7. Display Adapter: Radeon 7500 Series
    8. Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
    9. Video Memory: 32.0 MB
    10. Sims 2, expansion packs - University, Open For Business, Nightlife

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hi, Ron. I'm not the technical help around here, but in case you show up before they do, here's a link to EA support about the game crashing:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...nBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9Y3Jhc2g*&p_li=&p_topview=1

It looks to me like they are suggesting four possibilities:

1) Other software running in the background is causing a problem, or
    2) Drivers need updating, or
    3) There is a corrupted file. :( (Oh, brother, I hope not,) or
    4) Conflicts with stuff downloaded from the exchange (which seems hardly likely since you just got the game and its expansions.)

I always shut down "owner" background tasks before starting my game, except (and this is extremely important,) the taskmgr.exe and explorer.exe and CCAPP.EXE.