BodyShop all of a sudden not working....

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by avpkitty7, Jan 14, 2007.

1. avpkitty7

avpkitty7 Geeky/Nerdy Girly Gamer

BodyShop all of a sudden not working....

I have SIMS2 (regular) and NITE LIFE on my computer. Just recently I tried to get into BodyShop and it said something was missing (or something to that effect) or messed up and that it had to shut down the program.

I'm 99% sure the answer i'll get is "uninstall everything and reinstall it" but i wanted to be sure there wasn't some new bug that i could get unkinked with a patch.....:rolleyes:

?? unless my downloading a lot of exchanges (sims) may have also downloaded a kink that worked its way into BodyShop?? a few of them i've gotten have meshes that i haven't gone off to download so a lot of them dont show up when i click on that sim/outfit --- could one two many meshes do this or am i thinking too much into it? lol

thx in advance...:D
    ta

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I've not heard of a glitch like that coming from downloading. If there are new meshes which don't work, they generally just show a blank where the body should be. They don't prevent BodyShop from working.

However, if BodyShop loads but the outfits don't show up (or show up as a blank), then that's usually from a missing mesh.

Have you downloaded the NL patch? http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

Another suggestion is to go into your My Documents/The Sims 2 folder and delete the groups.cache, accessory.cache and cigen.package. There have been times when doing that was the only way I could get the game or Bodyshop to load.

Try those first. If they don't work, then the uninstall/install option can be tried. (Hopefully it won't come to that!)

3. avpkitty7

avpkitty7 Geeky/Nerdy Girly Gamer

thank you...

Thank you so much for replying. I just downloaded the patch and am now trying to upload the bodyshop.... it's slow but attempting to upload right as we speak. Seems to have worked.

As for those cache and package files - in case i have to do that - I see the files you're referring to.... only i don't have the accessories.cache file!! is that maybe my problem, it some how got deleted?? if you're saying to delete it to help it to WORK then why would it make it NOT work, but still i'm reaching into the darkness for logic on something i don't understand lol.....

but it is up and working right now as i type THIS sentence now - so it worked.... i don't have UNIVERSITY but only the original and NIGHTLIFE -- but that patch apparently worked :)
    thanks SO much!!!

:D

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm glad you got it to work.

As to the accessory.cache, sometimes the game doesn't generate one of those. However, I've found that if it fails to load (when normally it loads fine) or crashes, that removing those files (or the ones that appear) seems to fix it. (I'm not sure why it works, but it does.)

Have fun!

5. tkkbll

tkkbll New Member

I've done both of these and neither worked. Please help, i'm getting really annoyed now!
    Thanks
    Tkkbll x

6. Devere:x

Devere:x New Member

Help

For one you can try this:
    Click on EA Games folder than Click on Nightlife than click on Bodyshop.
    Because when you click on the one you had for the original Sims 2 it will open like normal no exapansion pack, but there is new stuff so you have to open it with the expansion packs Bodyshop. :) Same thing happened to my sister.

Need more help:
    www.Devere.spruz.net

Thnx
    Become a member!