Body Shop

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xikilledthesheriffx, Jan 18, 2007.

1. xikilledthesheriffx

xikilledthesheriffx New Member

Body Shop

i want to be able to make my own custom hair.
    but i dont know how to do it.
    i was told somewhere i need a mesh for it?
    where do i get them?
    how do i get them into my body shop?

helppp?
    thanks for any help anyone can give me
    x:D

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Here is where you can find two tutorials on how to use BodyShop: http://thesims2.ea.com/help/index.php?pid=Help

As for doing hair, you follow the directions but change all the parts of the project using a raster graphics program (ie a "paint" type program, not something like Illustrator). Some graphics programs which can be used include Adobe Photoshop (even an older version), PaintShopPro (even an older version by Jasc, although they've recently been sold to Corel), Corel Painter (even older versions) or free programs such as GIMP.

If you want to work with hair meshes that don't come with the game already then you need to either have the TS2 expansion pack which has that hair style's mesh, or you have to download the custom mesh from one of the custom content fansites. If you have the proper EP installed or the custom hairstyle's mesh put into your downloads folder, it will come up when you use the Bodyshop "create new projects."

3. Devere:x

Devere:x New Member

For one I could give you an easy tutorial to follow. Using Adobe Photoshop.
    It's really Easy as long as the program allows you to change the color of a picture. But if you want an easy way. Just follow the steps on my site:
    www.Devere.spruz.net

Thnx.