Question

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by dungeonguard, Jan 19, 2007.

1. dungeonguard

dungeonguard New Member

Question

My dad is worried that there is too much sexual content in this game for someone at the age of 13. Is there too much and is there a parental control for this game? (Sims 2)

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

There's hugging and kissing. Ummm, people fall in love and have babies. People in love have "woohoo" but you can't see anything happening at all, even if you figure out a way to look under the covers. Sims have babies standing up with all their clothes on--cute music, *pop*, and a baby appears in their arms.

Children grow up, go to school, do homework, get lectured by their parents, fall in love and start the cycle all over again. The game rewards cleanliness, doing homework, taking baths, eating right, saving your money, being nice to people, making friends, working hard at your job, and all the positive things about life.

The game is rated for teens.

The only parental control I know of is to sit down and play the game right along with your kids on occasion to see how it works. That's what I did. My kids got bored. I'm still playing. :D

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

My nine-year-old plays the game, and I'm perfectly happy for her to do so. Lynet's right, the sexiest it gets is kissing. They turn invisible when they have woohoo, or even when they make out in a car.

Sims can't kill each other, and there are no guns or other weapons. In that way I think the game is far superior to the shoot-em-ups out there, and much more kid appropriate. Lynet's right: it rewards good behavior, and you can learn things from it as well, such as never have more kids than you can handle.

4. nox920

nox920 New Member

My parents love when I play the sims, because when I'm not I'm playing counter-strike or some other bloody game. I remember when sims1 came out and I was around 10? I really wanted to get the game since all my friends had it, but my parents wouldn't let me. I think its a fine game that aucually motivates me to be more like my sims (do hw, eat good foods, exercise, etc)