Pet Ghosts and Wolves??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fuzzy_ferret_luver, Jan 27, 2007.

1. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

Pet Ghosts and Wolves??

Hey guys, I'm...somewhat new here. I've had an account for a few years but I'm on and off again so I'll try to stay back on this time *hides*
    I have the Sims 2 Pets. I LOOOOVE it! I've played it for a while now.
    Today I made a family consisting of one woman, a young cat, and an older dog. This was "me", with the dog and cat I have now.
    So, I built an awesome house with a little pond and everything. My girl wanted a medical job so I got her one. Problem was I don't think she had enough time for the older dog, Sugar. Sugar was taken care of well, but she died within 4 days!! I was kinda upset, who knew I could grow attached to Sims characters :rolleyes: (Plus I hope that doesn't happen in real life as my real life Sugar is quite old-- 11-12 years old) It happened so fast I almost didn't catch it happening. So she has an urn on an end table in the pet room. One of my girls aspirations was to see Sugar's ghost. So one night after she got home, she wasn't even really near the urn for long when Sugar's ghost came out. But, I couldn't get her to see it. She would walk right past it and do other things with the dog/ghost right there. How do I get her to see it so I can fulfill her aspiration?
    My second question (sorry this is a long post!) is that another aspiration is to see a wolf. I didn't know there were wolves on the game!! I looked at how to do it and bought a few trees (and there are plenty of weeds since I neglected to clean up Sugar's pee outside since she was at work). That's all I had money for. This is one family I am not going to use the money cheat on. Anyway, has anyone seen a wolf?
    And my last question, I downloaded a whole bunch of stuff to put in the game. I made a Downloads folder, put all the files in it, and it won't show up in the game. I checked to make sure that I was not "blocking custom content" on the options panel. I was. So I unchecked it and restarted the game, but it still wouldn't work. The files are .PACKAGE files. Any advice?

2. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

To actually "see" a ghost of a pet, i think they need to see the ghost come out of the grave/urn at the exact moment. Or in other words the second it rises out of the dead to do its haunting. I think they also have to like be mourning it when it rises.
    And to see a wolf, (a wolf being a dog with yellowish glowing eyes) it has to walk on the lot with the sim with the see wolf aspiration currently on the lot.
    And i don't know about Question 3, someone more tech savvy can answer that.

3. fuzzy_ferret_luver

Oooh well then I've seen the wolf once. It was a black looking dog with glowing green eyes barking at the door. I figured it would look like a wolf (grey) and just wander onto the lot, not bark at my door o_O
    Thanks!

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

The only help I can think of with # 3 is to make sure you have meshes for the objects if it requires it. For example if it's an couch they recolored from a univerity object then you would need that original couch in University. If you don't have university then you would need to buy that expansion pack for it to show up in game. Many people also make their own objects and meshes (of which I have no clue how to do) so then you would need to download their mesh as well to go along with their recolors.

For the other two, I actually have more information on those.

#1. To see a ghost, pet or sim, the living sim will actually need to be scared by the ghost. They won't notice them coming out of the tombstone or anything like that. A ghost will randomly decide to scare someone and that satisfies the need to see a ghost.

#2. The wolf doesn't have to have the glowing eyes. Any wolf will do. The wolf Jazz explained is the one wolf who will turn your sim into a werewolf if they get too friendly with it. After your relationship with it reaches about 50/50 or higher then it will do a nibble interaction on your sim which makes them turn into a werewolf every night. There are other wolves which don't do that. I've noticed quite a few of mine are white. They have the same body type as the glowing eyes wolf, but no glowing eyes. They satisfy the see a wolf want/fear as well.

By the way, your chances of having a wolf are better if you have lots of trees on your lot or if you befriend one of the wolves. They tend to come around more then.

5. Ali_Chi

Ali_Chi New Member

as for #3
    the downloads folder has to go it

(Documents and Settings\Games\)My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

not where you 'picked it to install', i installed it to
    D:\The sims 2 folder, & that's where i put my downloads folder before (& it didn't work) not realising that another copy of the sims was installed in my documents (& that's where the downloads are supposed to go. )
    If that's not the case, check if you have the required expansions & meshes intalled

6. fuzzy_ferret_luver

I figured out what was wrong with my downloads. I was putting them in the wrong spot *rolls eyes*.
    Thanks

7. soccer_girl

soccer_girl New Member

Then I've deffinetly seen a wolf thousands of times. My girl (or guy) would be walking down to the mailbox, out on the deck, in the hot tub, etc. and i would see yellow eyes and a tail. i didn't know what it was so i ignored it. one of my sims aspiration was to see a wolf also. i've see them plenty of times but never knew what they were. :p