How Do I gave pet away

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kgirl3202, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

gave pet away

so i gave my pet away to Christy Stratton (a townie) and i then i invited her over and my sims want is Percy (the puppy) joins the family. how do i get the dog back from her without taking control of her?
    thanks!

2. Thinker

Thinker New Member

Hmm..You probably should have paused the game and used the moveobjects code while she was in the house. The only choice you have now is to either control her and have her move into your house, make her move out, and leave the puppy at your house. Soo yeah. If anyone has any better ideas do tell, because Im curious as to another solution to this.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Invite Christy over with the pet ... then

Ctrl + Shift + C BoolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Shift and click on Christy and choose the option: Make Selectable

Now control Christy and get her to give the pet back.

Afterwards select the resident sim and shift click on Christy again and choose: Make Unselectable or else she won't leave ... (if you ignore that step it won't matter cos she'll be gone the next time you load the house anyway. The pet should stay though .... :rolleyes:

4. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

well when i invited her over the puppy didnt come but automatically my sims want wanted the "stray" to join the family so now i guess hes a stray? also i know this is off subject but i ordered groceries and the truck has been stuck there since and when i ordered groceries again now it wont come...how do i get the truck to leave?

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

1) Ctrl + Shift + C move_objects on

2) Click on the truck and delete it

3) Ctrl + Shift + C move_objects off (DO NOT FORGET THIS PART!)

4) Exit the property and save

When you re-enter, the truck should be gone, and you should be able to order groceries again.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Where were you when my sims had to move out? I had a two-car pile up! (Groceries and pizza ... hey, my sims were HUNGRY ...)

:p

7. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

lol well it worked! thank you so much and as soon as i did it he came back and i was like uh oh here we go again but he brought me my groceries that i'd ordered and he left! i'm still working on the puppy situation, i cant find him!

8. Thinker

Thinker New Member

Why don't you justbefriend her, controll her and make her give you the puppy. That'll only take you about a minute.

9. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

well she is my friend but she doesnt have the dog anymore...its a stray and i cant find it

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I suspect that giving pets to townies is the best way to make new strays. :rolleyes:

Urr ... this townie ... She should report the pet missing. Did the doggy have a collar? Even if not they do seem to get returned eventually (based on my experience of one cat running off because it hated the dog). Get the townie to move in and then see if they have the option to report the missing pet. If so do it and wait for the animal to return ... (The animal's icon ought to appear on the pets bar if it's just run away ... try it anyway).

11. Kgirl3202

Kgirl3202 New Member

i'll try that. i've never had a pet run away but i'll do my best. i'll let you know if it works

12. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Puppies don't have collars so the chance of finding them is less than a pet with a collar. But I have a wolf that keeps running away and the first time she didn't have a collar either ... so there's hope.