Troubleshooting problem during installation! please help!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by xkerri, Feb 17, 2007.

1. xkerri

xkerri New Member

problem during installation! please help!

Whenever I try to install the Sims 2, it goes to 6% and i get a message saying
    "A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Voice1.package' from the media.
    Do you want to retry to copy the file or cancel the installation?"
    I click retry, and goes to 8% and i get the same message, and so on and so fourth.
    I really don't know what's going on because I've had this game installed on my computer before, but I uninstalled it because I was getting a different error message while the game would be loading.
    I have enough space on my computer for the game to be installed too.

I have Windows XP and my system is an eMachines T2796, only 2 years old.

Help please? :(

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

My first suggestion is you do a hard disk based install. Copy the files of the CD to your hard drive and run the setup from there.

3. shaunbrfc2007

shaunbrfc2007 New Member

how to post

sorry i cant help with sims, but i have just joined this forum and dont know how to post a question, can you advise- also you may have an answer to this question, i have lost the paper with the loading code & i cant use my sims 2 on my laptop how can i use it or get a new code

4. xkerri

xkerri New Member

the copying didn't work, i got multiple errors.

5. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

Try this thread:
    http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=9154

6. xkerri

xkerri New Member

is anyone gonna help me :(

7. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

Do you have enough hard disk space left? the sims is a pretty big game to be honest, i had to remove a few games n music to fit mine on(and my hard drive is 500 gig so image how much music that is lol!!!)

also if that doesent work try taking the game back n gettign another copie, tell them whats happened if they cant help you then i dont know!