Troubleshooting Help??!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by redmjamesm, Feb 19, 2007.

1. redmjamesm

redmjamesm New Member

Help??!!

We have the Sims Complete for Mac--today, when opening thr program, an error dialogue box comes up saying: The path "The Sims Complete.localized: The Sims" contains a slash (/), backslash (\), or period (.). Please remove the character from the appropriate Folder's name and try again.:cry:

Well, the Folder is the DVD itself which, as far as I can tell, can't be renamed. So . . . Any suggestions?

2. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

I dont know anything about Macs but my experience with PCs tell me that you should start with as simple as reinstalling the game. With Windows you have the repair function and i don't know if Macs have that but if hey do you could try that too, it might be faster. Hopefully we can help. Acctually, i'm confused, what is "The Sims Complete" sims 2, original, please help me to help you.
    System Specs Could be helpful too!!!
    Nick

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh I likes a challenge. Actually this is The Sims and not The Sims 2 so it is posted in the wrong place, but I'll leave it here for now. No unnecessary chatter please folks.

There's no obvious answer at Aspyr Support for this.

Try this: If the problem persists, in Mac OS 8.x/9.x, try rebuilding your desktop. To do this, restart your computer and hold down the Command (Apple) and Option keys together as your computer starts up.

Failing that contact Aspyr Support yourself and raise the matter with them

4. redmjamesm

redmjamesm New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. We finally tried something that worked: deleting the Sims Preferences file from the Library. That is an old trick that often works on Macs when programs are crashing unexpectedly and it worked in this case. I am amazed that we are the only ones who seem to have ever had this problem!