Troubleshooting Skin Troubles

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by RedundantLove, Feb 22, 2007.

1. RedundantLove

RedundantLove New Member

Skin Troubles

Okay.. I figured I'd go ahead and give my specs...

SYSTEM
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
    It's a TOSHIBA, Laptop, Satellite L35
    Processor: Intel Celeron M CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz
    Memory: 446MB RAM
    Page File: 432MB used, 624MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DISPLAY
    DEVICE
    Name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip Type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (0x5A62)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Approx. Total Memory: 256MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60MHz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    DRIVERS
    Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.6587 (English)

Game: Right now, the only version I have on my computer is The Sims 2. BUT I have all expansion packs and the only Stuff pack I don't have is Glamour Life.

Okay, I've looked up this problem on COUNTLESS forums and help pages, even The Sims 2 main web page.. I can't seem to find an answer. I even looked it up on here, but the help was.. well.. no help.

See, the problem is the skins on my sims are not showing up. It is only showing white and words.. like a file name.

The Sims 2 original game will not download onto my computer on its own, it always errors and says that Voice1.package won't work. So I have to manually install ONLY that one. Every thing else downloads fine.

We just wiped out my computer about a week ago so I tried installing the sims again. Well, I went through and downloaded all the patches and everything like that. I have no downloaded content on my game.

Well, after about three tries of downloading everything and it not working even with patches, I've just about given up... but I love playing the sims and I can't live without it!! >_<

Any help would be SO greatful, I've tried nearly everything.

If you need any other information, just ask.. I'll do anything to play my Sims again!! >.<

RL

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Stay tuned ... this sounds familiar ... I'm looking ...

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

First off you need to upgrade your display driver which looks very out of date :(

See http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Click on
    >> Windows XP Professional/Home
    >>> Integrated/Motherboard
    >>>> Radeon Xpress200M series

Then click the little green "go" button ... the download contains all the latest bits and an pieces. :)

Also if you recently reinstalled Windows make sure Windows is up to date (Start >> Help >> Windows Update

4. RedundantLove

RedundantLove New Member

Humm.. okay, I'll get that downloaded..

I'm PRETTY sure I have all my windows updates again.. but it never hurts to check..

I'll get back to you on if it helped or not..

Thanks!

5. RedundantLove

RedundantLove New Member

Okay soo... I did exactly what you said and downloaded the update.. but when it goes to install it says that it did not find a driver compatible with my current driver/operating system.

Help??

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

7. RedundantLove

RedundantLove New Member

Okay.. I tried again and it said the same thing... but I thought it would be noteworthy.. It says after the first error messege "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup."

Can anyone translate/tell me what to do? >.<