Troubleshooting Preperations for installing seasons

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by nox920, Mar 8, 2007.

1. nox920

nox920 New Member

Preperations for installing seasons

I've been going around my neighborhood saving each lot at as close to 5 am as possible and making sure nothing crazy is going on (following the sticky)

I do have one question however, does it matter if any sims are pregnant? I have two sims that have just become pregnant but are not showing visible baby-growing signs. I guess worst comes to worst they can simply get pregnant again.

Also will my custom installed houses still be available along with the furniture in them?

2. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

Definitely make sure no sims are at work. For some reason this expansion resets everyone and if they're at work they'll be reset back home and if they don't have their own car they'll miss a day of work.
    I have a few sims that are pregnant and they weren't affected by it. The custom houses won't be a problem, but if the furniture is custom as in has its own mesh then you might get some blue flashing furniture, if you do then you need to update your CEP which I'm not sure if there is an update yet for seasons.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Remove all your hacks, if you have any. They can mess up your install.

AND, I found out the hard way, make sure your game's all patched before installing Seasons. For some reason my disk thought my game was patched when it wasn't and when I tried to patch it after the fact I ran into problems.

I always have the babies before installing new, just to be safe. And I make sure everyone is home, as already mentioned. Also, it's a good idea to have no service people or visitors on the lot. I had a maid get trapped that way once, and I didn't know about moveObject, which I suppose you can use if that happens to you.

Still, better safe than sorry!

4. nox920

nox920 New Member

I had the main stuff out of the way (like you suggested and mentioned in the sticky) and went ahead and installed after removing my downloads folder with my pregnant sims. I played one of them and she's getting more plump every day, so no problems there.

I guess I havn't played with any custom furniture (I'm not sure I have any, unless it came with a house) but my hacks don't work because they were made for pets. I don't have my grilled cheese fridge or my beer keg :silli:, so I guess I'll keep checking for an upgrade to seasons for those.

I've ran into the problem of snow on the ground is messing up. Instead of snow it makes the whole ground blue. I turned the snow off and the ground looks normal, but I want snow:(

Any ideas? I tried messing with the graphics options to no avail.