How many items are in your Downloads folder?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fuzzy_ferret_luver, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LMRO, Kat. I've been waiting to see what the "Download Queen's" current score is at. ;)

2. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

Holy crap, Kat! I thought I was bad with over 5 gigs and about 15-20 minutes from start to entering a home.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

And I thought 10 was bad, and that's PDL, the monster 'hood ... Veronaville only takes 5 or 6. :rolleyes:

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

41,620 files !

:gasp: :wideeyed: :boggled:

I didn't know it was possible.

5. Vega

Vega New Member

30 minutes!? :eek: i will get crazy if i have to wait so much to play with my sims lol

6. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

8842 files 2.05 gb

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

1285 currently, no idea how large..... I've thrown out bigger download files 4 or 5 times. oh! don't leave a copied download file on your desktop. slows down the whole computer. and upsets significant others.

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

You guys have so many downloads!! :shocked: I'm GOBSMACKED!!
    Sheesh and I only have - what? - 47 downloads at the mo. And I thought that I was addicted to downloading stuff.

Guess I was wrong! :)

9. Leticron

Leticron New Member

just some 1700 files in 40 or so folders, totalling ~1GB
    once in a while i go through it and kick everything I just downloaded but never used..(like some 50 Skin files I deleted the other day...each sim needs only 1 and never changes them (in my game at least ;)

If my game would take 30 minutes to start, I would just get some Dynamite and blow the whole thing up *LOL* Try to sort it out a little...do you really need 25 different Bathtubs and 500+ Everyday-Clothes in the game???
    Create some "packages" and switch them once in a while.
    I actually try to find a way to save a complete hood incl. every Item that actually is used...and then delete all downloads and restore the hood...to get rid of all these unused files
    -le

10. suitemichelle

up to 1.51 GB (1,631,130,715 bytes) thanks to XM sims and others

11. coralark

coralark New Member

ok everytime i download something i feel awful b/c i don't want to "overfill" my folder, but considering i'm only at 2049 and most of you have over 5000 i don't feel so bad and i think i'll visit some more sites!! thanks for cheering me up guys! haha

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Update time:

Fess up folks. Who's read this and thought, hey. I think I'll download a few more bits and pieces.

Repost your revised figures (or join in) and also measure your loading times.

I'll kick off. I'm up to 2.12GB: 7,436 files in 101 folder.

Loading time (from clicking desktop shortcut to appearance of neighborhood chooser) ...

5 min 40 secs ... I was surprised. It seemed a lot longer :rolleyes:

13. suitemichelle

guilty... but I know I have more stuff than shows up in the game... even with the most recent cep and more meshes than I know what they are.

14. Christiii84

Christiii84 New Member

Im not sure how many d/l's I have but loading is taking longer these days and frustrates me. I only have 2 folders and everything else goes into downloads so it's all a mess.

If I want to start from scrathc to get myself more organized, can I just completely delete everything from my downloads folder and start over? Will that delete them out of my games?

So if I have sims living in a house that I downloaded and I delete it, what will happen to the sims?

Please help... im confused! :confused:

15. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Uh, yeah. If there downloads folder is emptied the game won't be able to show them.

However, remember that when you're using the catalog for making sims or furnishing homes you can alos delete custom content that you no longer want from there. Be careful not to delete items that you suspect are not recolors of Maxis made items unless you don't want that shape any more . because the game will let you delete a mesh and leave all the recolors behind :eek: But anything you know is a recolor and you don't want it any more (and lets face it, if you have lots of recolors, scrolling by them all to get to one you want is tedious ... specially if you always scroll past 6 pages of things you never use and wonder what possessed you to download them in the first place. :rolleyes:

16. Christiii84

Christiii84 New Member

Thanks. I've tried to delete hairstyles while in the body shop but they always come back. There are some that I want to delete but dont know the names of them so I dont know which d/l in my folder to delete. It gets frustrating so im at the point of just wanting to delete everything & start all over! :eek:

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Haha! What you need is the Sims 2 Categorizer.

Got to http://www.simwardrobe.com/

and download the highly nifty Categorizer (in the Sims 2 >> Programs section) ... beware the site has lots of other shiny goodies. You may come away with more than you went in for :rolleyes:

18. Christiii84

Christiii84 New Member

WOW!!!! What a help that would be to see a picture of each d/l! Thanks SOOOO much! :knockedout:

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

New Download Organiser

That dynamic denizen of download decency, Delphi, of ModTheSims2.com has knocked out a wee gizmo for those of us who suspect that our copious download folders have more orphans than Dr. Barnardos. Delphy's Download Organiser does what it says on the tin. Finds recolours without meshes, sorts stuff by name, by type, helps re-file into folders ... wipes your nose before it drips .... It's awesome. My download folder has shrunk by 129 orphanned recolours. I can't wait to to start up the game and enjoy the gaining of 3 seconds of playing time. (The DDO helpfully informed me that it took it 3 minutes at 40 files per second to scan my entire downloads folder ... that's about the same speed that game does it ... woo hoo!)

Get it here - DDO

I understand that it will also work for American players, by subtly organizing their files instead of organising them, as it does for native speakers of the Queen's English ... :p

20. Christiii84

Christiii84 New Member

I want to d/l the sims 2 organizer but im not sure exactly what to do. Where should I d/l it to and how do I get it started. im susally really good on the computer but I dont want to just go hitting random buttons.

Thanks!