Baldur's Gate anyone?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by muffin-tacos, May 5, 2007.

1. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Baldur's Gate anyone?

Anyone here heard of/got/played Baldur's Gate? It's an old role-playing game kind of. I just looove it! :biggrins: I've played it a million times and I'm still not bored! There's new quests to do, new people to meet, new sides to be on.. :winks:

I just lurve it. It's my fav game -- except for TS2 of course. :bitelip:

2. Vega

Vega New Member

i've never played that game :rolleyes:, i must try it someday, i like RPGs :D
    my favorite game is Oblivion do you ever tried it Muffin??

3. muffin-tacos

No I've never played that game. Is it good? Is it also a role playing game?

Has anyone heard of Dungeons & Dragons? That's where the whole Baldur's Gate theme started I think. I haven't played it but I really should get around to doing it... :confusion::winks:

4. Vega

Vega New Member

good?! Oblivion is great :D really you should try it... i love the game i think it's the best RPG ever ;) i've done a thread about it you should read it :p

5. muffin-tacos

Searching for it right this second..! Well, after I've written this anyways :silly:

6. Shadow

Shadow Cookie Girl

The Baldur's Gate series is like my favorite game ever. I haven't played in ages though, I really want to re-play it sometime.

7. muffin-tacos

Completely agree with you! Who's your fav NPC? I think mine's Imoen or possibly Keldorn.. Heck, I love them all.

I never thought I'd meet a BG fan on a Sims site. :D

8. Shadow

Shadow Cookie Girl

Hmm I think my favorite would have to be Minsc and Boo, Imoen is my second though.

I think us BG-Sims fans are rare. :p

9. muffin-tacos

On sim sites at least. :rolleyes:

10. Leticron

Leticron New Member

BG and Sims don't really have too much in common :D
    Minsc and Boo...the comic relieve, (not exactly NPCs though) they've got to be my favorites
    I always loved RPGs....Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, not to forget Gothic :D

-le

11. Shadow

Shadow Cookie Girl

Except that they're both great games?

I liked Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights as well, but I've never played Dungeon Siege, or Gothic..

12. muffin-tacos

Neither have I.

I find IWD a bore because of the silent NPCs -- I like making them though. I here Domi has made a NPC mod project for IWD2? I should test it out some time.

NWN is fun. But I dont like the way you can only have one NPC in that game. Havent played NWN2 yet though. Have any of you tried it? Which do you prefer in that case?

13. Umbra

Umbra "Henry!"

Had no idea you were so into D&D, muffin. Anyways, my only experience with the stuff, apart from actual tabletop roleplaying which has occured quite a few times, I've played both NWN and NWN2, and I'd say that they can't really be judged. NWN's story is simply great, even though it seemed to resolve with an entire chapter left, but NWN2 is easier to play. However, the camera sucks in NWN2.

EDIT: Sorry for not noticing the dead thread.