Spore Delayed

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Mirelly, May 12, 2007.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Delayed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6638771.stm

Although no official release for Spore has been given by EA, it was expected to be available for Christmas 2007.

~ news about Spore came during a quarterly earnings report from EA during which it issued a warning about future profits.

The company said it could no longer depend on profits from Spore in the financial year that ends in March 2008.

This means that Spore is unlikely to be on shop shelves until later in 2008.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

3. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh no. :(

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

5. ManagerJosh

6. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

To be honest, as frustrating as it might be, I would much rather have the game released when it's ready/ as good as it can possibly be, than have it released with all sorts of bugs/ problems and untapped potential.

Besides, while everyone is waiting for Spore, they should try other games in the meantime. :p

*coughMaplestorycough*

7. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

8. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

Theoretically my prediction of spore being released somtime before the end of the earth is starting to look wrong.

9. Ferret99

Ferret99 New Member

Final release date

Well we now have a final release date going i think Spetember 7 2008 but im sure theyll release the creature phase months before as a demo :D

10. ManagerJosh

Actually, it's just the creature editor they are releasing :). Not a demo of a particular phase :)

11. Ferret99

Ferret99 New Member

ok

Oh i was wrong will at least they're releasing something for us :) im going to make a ferret :knockedout:

12. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

September 7th, new "final" release date.