A Thread Called: Scenes From "My" Game

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, May 16, 2007.

1. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh that's lovely! The flowers looked something like that in my game that I had on our 'new' computer. Can't use it now because it's gone all spaz. :( So I have to make do with the grafics on my old PC. It was hard getting used to them at first but right now I'm quite pleased with what that peice of junk is giving me. :veryhappy:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I know what you mean. It's quite possible to feel something like affection for reliable equipment. My old puter served me pretty well for more than 3 years and was still going strong, to be honest. But it badly needed a Windows reinstall and I knew that I wasn't gonna enjoy BV without some more oomph .... :rolleyes:

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Those of you who include pets with your families have probably seen them do all kinds of things, but since I tend to avoid the complications of pets (as in RL, they require a lot of attention) I'm usually surprised by anything they do spontaneously.

This stray dog/wolf wandered onto the property, rolled around in the rain puddle, and then started drinking it. Like all the strays I've encountered in this rather barren neighborhood, I suspect he was very hungry.

[​IMG]

4. muffin-tacos

I once had a pet in sims that absolutely refused to eat out of the food bowl. She survived on treats and filthy puddle licking. A lot of treats & filthy puddle licking.. :sigh:

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Had to laugh this evening. I'm still building up my new hood. This one is not going to explode. I'm determined about that! Anyway, the hood needs pets, cos I started with SaraMK's empty neighborhood templates, so I have to make all my own townies, dormies and downtownies. I have accepted the default collection of Maxian vacation destination loafers ... they look OK thanks to some face-template replacements ... some of them even look vaguely attractive :rolleyes:

None of which goes toward introducing this pic. Custard and her mate Rhubarb, a breeding pair of Braefearn Terriers (don't Google that ... I made the breed up :p ) have been popping out some pups. The last litter arrived in a snowstorm. It was fun looking for the wee l'il scraps ... well without using build/buy mode.

[​IMG]

By the way. Since I got BV and a new graphics card the snow becomes semi-transparent under the cursor. Did always do this? Or is it a BV addition, or is it my new graphics card? Ise confoozickled :confused:

6. Esteldin

Esteldin New Member

neither BV or your graphics card, it is an option that you can turn on or off..is called snow cursor..if you turn it off the snow wont be transparent under your cursor..

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thank you ... I guess it wasn't an option that was available under my oold graphics card. I'll have to go look at that menu ... :D

8. k8mc

k8mc luvvly jubbly

here are just a few of my pics:
    1. 'It's a fish's life'
    2. 'Aargh! I think i'm exploding!'
    3. 'Elvis Impressions Anybody?'
    4. 'Steaming up - two men in a tub'

Attached Files:

9. muffin-tacos

The exploding and the elvis one made me smile. Was the "exploding woman" going up a pregnancy stage by any chance? :rolleyes: :D

10. k8mc

k8mc luvvly jubbly

Yep. Her third kid, but she apparently still wasn't prepared for it.:D:rolleyes:

11. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

The General and Mamie Astor carpooling in the Helicopter, just too weird. and there were still empty seats available.

Attached Files:

12. muffin-tacos

Oo, scary... :wideeyed:

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I can see that they are very close as a couple. :p

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I love it when that happens :rolleyes:

I'd love to say that she is two faced, but she was just wearing her head backwards after a sudden change in direction.

Attached Files:

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oooo - Ow! That's gotta hurt!

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I knew I had a reason

Sometimes I do the silliest things.

For more than 3 years I have avoided downloading ready-made sims because they are almost always seriously dodgy, if not downright flawed beyond redemption. But the other day at MTS2 I saw a featured download and I thought she looked worth the trouble ...

Being utterly nuts, (and or reckless) I downloaded her a partner, too. I didn't see any males who looked masculine enough (what is it with Sims players making all those girlie-looking boys? :eek: ) ... anyway I downed a fairly masculine female and just changed her gender in CAS .... Meet Isis and Vincent Dundass:

[​IMG]

So far, so good. Their first born looked like any other sim baby ... too much eyebrow ... :rolleyes: But, ye gods, image my aghastification when this is what appeared out of the stars and confetti when came the time to toddlerize himself:

[​IMG]

:eek: Poor little baby ... no-one will want him looking like that. Maybe it was just and unfortunate scrunching of expression ...

[​IMG]

Nope ... he's still ugly enough to strip paint with a grin at 400 metres :p

You will appreciate my relief that the worst elements of his ugliness smoothed out when he grew up .... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

brava Mirelly, brava!

talk about your ugly duckling...

18. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oh, I don't know...he has kind of that "Humphrey Bogart Look" going for him! (A bit disturbing in a toddller, though!)

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL, re-reading my own post I was struck by the irony of having to download a female sim and giving it a sex-change in order to get a masculine looking male sim. :(

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Hysterical picture. I'll be laughing all day. :D