STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Jill Valentine, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic

Ok, this game is a little "old", from 2003, but I couldn't help myself from thinking if there are any fans in here of this great saga and THE ONLY RPG game of the STAR WARS universe ?

The story is simply amazing, taking place four thousand years before "Episode I - The Phantom Menace", followed by Knights of the Old Republic II (or KotOR II) "The Sith Lords" (2004), which happens five years after KotOR I, so, 3.995 years before the first movie. The plot of the first game is tremendously shocking, when you play it for the first time. KotOR II or TSL isn't as good as the first, but it is still a SW KotOR saga title, and the only RPG saga of the genre, so it's a very good game still.

You even get to known the Mandalorians, which exist only within the KotOR universe, and they play a very important role in the story, both of the universe and your character's from both games. The first war (uncovered by the game) and the subsequent wars (the ones you fight, provenients from the first war), all starts because of the Mandalorians, which you may nickname as "war race", so to speak. But I'll not reveal more about them, go and play :).

I wonder, and I ask fans here, if there are any, where's KotOR III ?I love STAR WARS, but I don't like the games too much, I mean, the "Jedi Knight" games. Of course, maybe I can't compare action games (JK) with RPGs (KotOR), but the plot and script of the JK isn't as attractive as the KotOR's ones. I like, not as much as KotOR, but the strategy titles and the battle titles of STAR WARS, but KotOR I and II really are something else, placed in a very different spot in the timeline, so it's like a total new universe for you to get to know and explore in RPG style. You don't know the characters when you play it the first time around, so you can't tell who is good or evil, etc...

KotOR III is taking too long. I just hope we, fans, can continue the story of the character we played on the first title. The character from TSL isn't so appealing.

I also do hope they fix all the bugs of TSL, as the patch isn't receiving any updates since 2004.Well, that's it.Byes !!!

2. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Ooh! I am a big follower of the Knights of the Old Republic Series. Part 1 was fantastic! The twist in the story is so stunning, I was speechless for a while.
    Part 2 was kinda of a let down. A lot of material was cut from the game.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I agree with Lewdini the first was an awesome game and the second part was a let down. although somewhere a bunch of people are modding KOTOR 2 ( I think maybe filefront would be one ) and supposedly fixing all the missing parts to the game.
    I wish we'd hear something about KOTOR 3 sometime soon although it will probably end up being an online only game.
    I will say what I've seen of the new "The Force Unleashed " game looks really cool too!

4. lewdini

You are absolutely right. There is a KOTOR2 Restoration Project that is taking place, but its been about 2 years since the game and it might be another year before its released.
    If you have not satisfied your KOTOR fix, do check out the KOTOR Comic Series. Its by the same writer and takes place a few years before the game. Really cool!

5. confused04

confused04 New Member

I seem to recall the restoration project being sent a cease and desist letter, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'll go ahead and join the choir on this one...
    KotOR I, rocked
    KotOR II, up until the last 2 hours....then it sank, particularly at the cliffhanger

KotOR III, I'm learning the ways of the force so that if this game flops and does not avenge the embarrasment that was II, I will force lightning Bioware.

6. swmeek

7. lewdini

I was really disappointed with the ending of KOTOR 2. I was like wha???? Its finished???

8. swmeek

sadly I never played it that far so I wouldn't know.

9. lewdini

I got rather peeved at times when the game will crash due to some bugs. I really hope they fix it someday or make KOTOR 3 really sweet

10. badboy7

badboy7 New Member

i have played star wars Knights of the Old Republic, bu i guess it was in 2003 or 2004... liked it very much then..