How Do I Can You Work For Other People?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Blade770, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Can You Work For Other People?

Hi I was wondering if its possible to work in someone elses buisness, like one I don't own. Cause it would seem kinda cool to be the employee not the employer ;)

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yes, just get a business to hire the sim you want to be employed. Remember that the sim you want to hire must first be unemployed or they will never show up in the available for hire options. It may take a while, though ... you'll either have to keep trying or else make friends so that you can offer to hire as a social option (and stand a chance of it being accepted).

Points to remember/take into account:
    1. The car pool is buggy for sims that work for OFB businesses ... at least it was when I tried this :rolleyes:
    2. The employed sim will in all probability keep rolling up get a job wants, cos OFB jobs don't seem to count :(
    3. OFB jobs seem to be 9 till 5 ... even if it's a nightclub (them Maxoids tend to be a bit lazy in tidying up the loose ends of their programming :p)
    4. Finally your sim will be expected to work seven days a week ... no weekends, no vacations, no retirement, no pension ... actaully I'm not sure about the last 3 but I'm pretty sure that it's seven days a week :cool:
    5. and, oh yeah, no promotion bonuses ;)

3. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Yeah those aren't really an issue to me, the thing now that I'm wondering is if I can actualy go to work? Or is there no way around it? Like not be able to control what my sim does at the buisness?

4. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

In answer to your question. I don't think so. Its like Mirelly said you have to control that from the business side. If you goto a business you don't own you will only see NPCs and not managers or owners who do the hiring.