Troubleshooting The walls in my houses are gone. Please help.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruzz, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Ruzz

Ruzz New Member

The walls in my houses are gone. Please help.

Like the title says, the walls are gone. I can still see some wall objects like the LCD TV, phones and mirrors though. But objects like paintings and windows are gone unless I go into build mode. And ONLY the house which I frequently play have no walls. Other lots work fine.

Usually, the walls that don't show is when you are viewing from that direction. Now, all 4 sides of walls are gone. The only boolprop cheat I used was "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" but I set it back to false the moment I realised it wasn't the cheat wasn't the one I was looking for.

Help please?

2. talita

talita New Member

hey;)
    the sims2 has 4 wall modes
    (1) no walls
    (2) outer walls only
    (3) all walls
    (4) roof on
    in the left corner of thesims 2 screen there is a small thing that lookes walls youres will look like very flat walls, click on that thing and select a other wall mode.
    i hope it works! :D

ok i think mirelly one will work better!:p

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The correct status of that cheat for normal use is:

boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true

If you have it set to false you can put stuff any old where, which will tend to affect how the walls display.

The four walls settings are not exactly as talita described.

1. The top setting shows all walls all the time plus the roof (if the current level has a roof).
    2. The 2nd second shows all walls all the time minus the roof.
    3. The 3rd Setting shows all the walls that do not obstruct a view of some part of the inside of the property. The setting is the default one when a house is first loaded. Usually you will only be able to see the walls furthest from the camera position (your viewpoint), but the sensitivity varies according to the level of zoom, your graphics settings and the quality of your computer display adapter.
    4. The 4th setting has all walls down, all of the time. No walls above the level of a minimal baseboard are visible in this mode.
    If you have set: boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true, then you may have placed some objects partly inside walls. This would force the walls to disappear if the walls setting is at the 3rd default setting since most wall objects are set to become invisible when the walls are down and this will conflict with the game's decision making if they are "inside" a wall as opposed to a "snapped to a grid" against a wall.

Please repost if this isn't the case and neither this or talita's advice fixes up your problem.

4. Ruzz

Ruzz New Member

I must have accidentally clicked on that little button...got me anxious I thought my game got infected or something. Thanks anyway guys.